WnSoft Forums

Please add this

mondello

:rolleyes: It sure would be nice to have a record button (AUDIO) in the customize slide

so that I could add a narration to each slide. Picture to Exe is the best I want to thank the creator for the wondeful work in this software. Please give this wish some thought. Thanks

P.S. I know that this would not be a demanding upgrade, just my little wish. Thanks agan.

mondello:

Yes that would be a nice feature, but the "add-on" would be an ability for that narration to "spill-over" to the next image.

Many times my narrations extend the length of two images.

:angry: I agree with the last comment. Let's keep Pictures to Exe as a photographic tool. In my experience, voice on av's rarely works well (except as a very minor feature). There's no bigger photographic turnoff for me than having a "speaker" present an av with recorded commentary. :ph34r:

IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A RECORD BUTTON (AUDIO) IN THE CUSTOMIZE SLIDE (Mondello)

Yes, it could be convenient in some cases, but in my opinion should be an useless complication. As Quickflicks and ContaxMan said, PTE is not a program to make "presentations" in the strict sense (office, trade, business etc.), but rather a powerful tool to create photo shows and refined art works.

If narrations (or comments) are needed, to get the best results it's better to record them separately, and to synchronize with the pictures afterwards.

I agree! There are too many improvements and new features yet to be added to PTE to attempt to include audio editing as well. IMHO, there is more "mileage" to be obtained by maintaining PTE as the best "slide-show / video" program in the world than by adding on a lot of "frills", unless, of course, such features are absolutely required in order to keep PTE competitive with other similar software.

But as JRR said, there is one feature that is an absolute necessity in order to make the present PTE system more useful, and that is the ability to have the overlay sound spill over onto another slide.

ContaxMan, this is not a requirement for making presentations, as I agree with you about "live" presentations. It's required in order to facilitate the making of tutorials. It's the only thing holding me back from making another more-advanced PTE tutorial. You have no idea how frustrating it was, while creating "PTE-101", in having to constantly go back and adjust the time of each slide in order not to cut off the narration recorded for that slide.

I suspect that I am one of the heavier users of PTE to make narrated slide shows, be they educational or travelogues, of my images.

These are just as valid types of slide shows as any other that I, and others, do with music and photos. PTE is great tool for both.

Having got that off my chest.... ;);)

I would agree that adding recording of narration within PTE is perhaps not the most pressing priority right now.

We all have our own priorities and Igor always does a good job of sorting out our competing "demands".

You have no idea how frustrating it was, while creating "PTE-101", in having to constantly go back and adjust the time of each slide in order not to cut off the narration recorded for that slide.

I can guess.

Could this be easer done in Premier?

And can a Premier slide show be converted or transfered to PTE?

:ph34r: Al - I would certainly make an exception to what I said about narration when dealing with tutorials - I certainly found yours very useful indeed. On a related topic, I wonder how many people, like me, have been badly affected by Adobe kidnapping CoolEdit? I've just changed my computer. I had a fully registered, paid-for version on my old machine (Win 98) but have so far not worked out how to move it to my new (XP) system. The version of CoolEdit I bought does all I want & I'm not prepared (nor able) to pay Adobe's asking price for an upgrade (almost £100!). I know Audacity is a free alternative but I feel there is a principle involved here. Of all the software, drivers, etc I use, CoolEdit is the only one that has evaded transfer. Had I bought a cd system for my car, I wouldn't expect to have to buy a new one when I change model. :angry:

I assume that you mean Adobe Premier. That software is for video editing and is so very expensive. It is also as difficult to learn as Photoshop, with a learning curve that is as steep as hell.

Keep PTE to photo imaging presentations with music; and leave the 'voice overs' to others. It takes a special kind of person with a good voice, to make audio worth listening to.

Quickflicks: as Ronnie said, Premiere is very expensive. I don't use it as I don't do videos, (yet), and I find PTE has most of the features I need for slideshows. And, it wouldn't be compatible with PTE, anyway. There probably are programs more suited to making tutorials, but I like to use PTE, especially for a tutorial about PTE. B)

Roger: I just switched over to a new pc, and had to get Cool Edit going before I could install Audition, as it is an upgrade from Cool Edit 2000. I didn't have any problem - it first loaded as a trial version, but I still have the user id and password code which came by email when I purchased the program, so was able to get it going again without any problem.

By the way, Cool Edit 2000 is included on a free CD that came with the latest issue of an excellent British digital music mag called "Computer Music". Not sure how you would register it! :unsure:

:P Thanks for the info on Cool Edit. I'll try to get hold of the magazine. My problem is that, despite copying the cool edit folder with all its contents onto my new machine, I haven't a copy of the setup program (foolishly didn't save this when I first downlaoded from the web). So when I try to run CoolEdit I'm instructed to run setup first - frustrating! :angry:

Roger,

There is no "setup" file, per se, except for the original download file, "ce2kmain.exe".

However, if you registered it, you should have a file called "ceregkey.exe" in the folder, which you will be able to click on and install your key. You will also need to have the exact user Id and password sent to you originally by email from Syntrillium. Good luck! :)