WnSoft Forums

Key frame time and slide duration

bogari0171

Hi,

I noticed that if I have only one image with some key frames in a given slide and I change the slide duration, the key frame timing is reallocated accordingly. (e.g. if I have a slide duration of 6 seconds and key frames located at 2, 4 and 6 seconds, and I change the duration to 12 seconds, the key frames are reallocated at 4, 8 and 12 seconds respectively)

The same situation seems not to apply if more than one image are in the same slide. In this case the slide time is changed, but the key frame timing remains unchanged.

Is this normal, or is there a way to overcome it?

Thanks for help

Saluti

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

I don't see that behavior on my systems. Do you have "Scale Keyframes in Objects (on time change)" checked under slide options? If you have a slide with this checked and change the slide time, all objects associated keyframes will change relative to the new slide time. For example, if the keyframe for an object on a slide duration of seven seconds is set to a position near the end of the slide display time and you double the slide time to fourteen seconds, that keyframe will be repositioned near the end of the fourteen second slide. If this feature is not checked and the slide time is changed, the keyframe will remain at the precise time it was in relative to the beginning or zero time for this particular slide.

If you could provide a sample PTE file where this happens perhaps we can sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin