WnSoft Forums

Dvd & Sound

Ednys

I have created an avi file to create a DVD in Ulead movie factory 3 trial and i have PTE 4.20.

Firstly Ulead would not accept my file, then for some strange reason (Probobly the swear words aimed at it), it loaded the recreated file. BUT........ I went through the stages to create the DVD but for some reason my sound file is no good...........

?? coming down from PTE. It plays about the first few seconds and stops. No problem with the picture files. I did carry on and burn a disc. The slide show worked but the sound just played that first few seconds over and over and over and well you get the picture. It is an MP3 file created in cool edit. Any thoughts please.

I am not sure if it is a problem with the prog creating the .avi or the biggest problem, namely me doing something wrong or having something set up all wrong.

Thank heavens for this forum and all you techies out there.

Glenys :rolleyes:

I have just started all over again and once more ulead dvd movie factory 3 is telling me that the pte .avi file is not accessible. I am really getting into this program and created an exe file, and now want to try the dvd. So cannot even check the sound this time.

What's going on. I see some other folk appear to have had problems version 3 before.

Glenys :angry:

Thanks Ken for replying.

During today I have downloaded another trial copy of Ulead DVD Movie factory, deleted the old one and reinstalled the new. I tried to do a VCD of my show but when I asked Ulead to open up the created file by PTE it gave me the message "is not accissible". I closed it in PTE and tried again, and asked Ulead to make a DVD. Again it told me the file was not accessible. So next I saved the file as an AVI and was able to open it into Ulead and burn it as a DVD.

I am so disapointed with the result. The quality is so poor, It appears that PTE only saved the picture show not the background in the AVI file so all the surrounding area of backdrop was lost loosing a lot of the effect.

The Exe show I was so very happy with but the reason for me wanting to do a DVD is my mum and two cousins do not have computers. Am I doing something wrong or is it hopeless to expect as good a show on a vcd or dvd.

I am tired now been at it two days trying to fathom it all out. There may be a simple answer but if anyone can tell me where i am going wrong, please do. Oh the sound is ok now!

Glenys :blink: