WnSoft Forums

I must be forgetting something

DawnG

When I make MP4 for FaceBook, don't know if it's their environment, but instead of a black slide with the arrow to start the video, I get a mish mash of several images. I have included a sample from my latest piece....

post-12008-0-93712200-1424894378_thumb.j

It looks like the displayed frame has been chosen from a transition?

DG

That is what I thought too.....but it's hard to tell if there is more than 2 images. This happens with every single MP4 I make on FB. When I upload them to my own site I get the black blank start frame with the start arrow.

Guest Yachtsman1

When I make MP4 for FaceBook, don't know if it's their environment, but instead of a black slide with the arrow to start the video, I get a mish mash of several images. I have included a sample from my latest piece....

Dawn

Is the thumb a jpeg still or a from a video. If it is a video, did you use PTE to convert it before adding it to your show. The screen shot shows a video clip I used on Facebook yesterday after converting using PTE, (personal details erased). No problems.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-88376000-1424904141_thumb.jp

Dawn

Is the thumb a jpeg still or a from a video. If it is a video, did you use PTE to convert it before adding it to your show. The screen shot shows a video clip I used on Facebook yesterday after converting using PTE, (personal details erased). No problems.

Yachtsman1.

attachicon.giffb1.jpg

It is a screenshot from the video thumbnail on FB. I am still kinda new to the process, so I am not sure how else to publish except to make an MP4. Can you explain in slightly simpler terms :)

Guest Yachtsman1

It is a screenshot from the video thumbnail on FB. I am still kinda new to the process, so I am not sure how else to publish except to make an MP4. Can you explain in slightly simpler terms :)

Hi Dawn

Before you added your video clip to your PTE show did you convert it using PTE's conversion process.

See screen shot & link http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/video/addvid?s%5B%5D=conversion

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-87561100-1424906115_thumb.jp

Hi Dawn

Before you added your video clip to your PTE show did you convert it using PTE's conversion process.

See screen shot & link http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/video/addvid?s%5B%5D=conversion

Yachtsman1

attachicon.giffb2.jpg

I had to think a moment, but yes I did. I had never added video before and had to research just how to implement it. I was sooooooooooo excited that it worked :)