WnSoft Forums

Music and slide cut

neia

I am trying to figure out how to sync my slides with the music. When is in automatic it will play all the slides and music ok. but when I try to customise sync it does stop the music and do not play all the slides. my music is about 4 min but when I go to project options-music-music duration it says that it is 01:31. do you know what I may be doing wrong?

Neia,

Please give us more information about your show and the software and equipment you are using.

In particular, do all of the slides show up on the timeline after you synchronize the show? What type of music file are you using? How are you adding the slide transitions to the timeline (by listening to the music and pressing "New Transition", or by spreading them evenly over the music by pressing "Timed Points/Add Arranged Points")? Have a look at the timeline and make sure no transitions overlap each other.

ok the music I just downloaded yesterday from musicbakery.com (4min) and it is a mp3 format. I use win XP and the new version of PTE.

sinch on automatic is working no problem. What I am concerned is that even in auto synch the slides are running too fast because they are running on 1min 31sec. I want give more time between each slide. how come the music is 4 min and it says 1.31?

This is exactly what I am doing:

project options-main-synchronize slideshow- then I was adding points while I was playing the music clicking on new transition. But when it gets to the 1min 31sec the little lines there finish and I can not add more slides, should not I be able to see/use the little lines up to 4 min?

thanks for your help.

neia,

Are you using a registered copy of PTE 4.20?

When you are previewing the synched show, do you hear the whole selection, even though PTE only shows "1.31"?

Do you have more slides in the "slide list" (the one on the right-hand side of the main PTE window) than you are able to add on the timeline?

It sounds like there may be a problem with the .mp3 file.

If you like you can send me your PTE file and I will have a look at it. If the whole package is not more than a couple of Mb, you can email it to me at al@alrobinson.com. If the show is larger than this, then just email the ".pte" file (no photos or music). Or the .pte file with photos and a url to where you downloaded the music, provided it is a free download.

Are you using a registered copy of PTE 4.20?

Yes Al, I do.

When you are previewing the synched show, do you hear the whole selection, even though PTE only shows "1.31"?

Everything plays well(music/pictures) IF is synched to 1min31sec that PTE shows. But I want to be able to put slides passing the 1.31m which I do not have a choice right now.

Do you have more slides in the "slide list" (the one on the right-hand side of the main PTE window) than you are able to add on the timeline?

I am using around 36 slides but I want to add a few more if I get all the music to play.

Al you may be right. It sounds like there may be a problem with the .mp3 file.

I am start to think this too. I just played the music in windows player it does play all the 4 minutes great but I tryed to put the music on cd just to check if I put it on PTE trough the cd and the CD like PTE plays only 1min31sec. Jeee! this is so strange??? Plays it all in one program(windows player) but not on the burned cd and PTE???do you have any idea what's going on?

If you like you can send me your PTE file and I will have a look at it. If the whole package is not more than a couple of Mb, you can email it to me at al@alrobinson.com. If the show is larger than this, then just email the ".pte" file (no photos or music). Or the .pte file with photos and a url to where you downloaded the music, provided it is a free download.

I bought the music from musicbakery.com

Thank you so much for trying to figure this out for me.

I may send you a PM first before I send the file.

TERRIBILMENTE difficili! - Awfully hard! :D

But if you need some help, you can e-mail me, or also call me by telephone (are you in Italy?).

Oops! - Just read you are in Florida... It's not in Italy, I think!...

Guest Techman1

Neia,

If you have another MP3 music file available to you, you might want to test with it. This is another way to verify that everything else is working correctly. Then if it works fine, contact the musicbakery.com to download the file again.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Fred

Guys I think we are figuring this out. I just download 2 free music to test my PTE and guess what? It played all the song no problem.So I called the musicbakery guy, he was really nice, he should send me another file. I will let you know if will work this time. Thank you Fred, Guido and Al.

Guest Techman1

Neia,

That's great news! I've run into that same problem before as well. I'm with Guido, I would like to see one of your shows sometime in the future. I visited your web site and you have some wonderful images.

I wish you continued success with PTE and your photography.

Fred

Neia,

Glad your music works for you now. I'm sure that if your show is as good as the photos on your web site, it will be a masterpiece!!! :)

I'm interested in seeing it also, just to hear the music you paid $40 for!! B)