WnSoft Forums

Dual style for 16:9 and 4:3

Igor

Hi,
In PicturesToExe Deluxe 8.0 you can create one slide style which contains several styles for different aspect ratio.
Instead of several styles in the list of custom styles:
My style 4:3
My style 16:9
My style 5:4
You have only one style:
My style
When you apply this style the necessary variant (4:3, 16:9 or 5:4) will be choosed automatically.
How to create multi aspect ratio style
1. Prepare two or more projects for your style. Each for certain aspect ratio.
2. Create a new style.
- Type a name for each style. This name should be the same for each style.
- Choose the option "Use aspect ratio of this project - ..." (16:9, 4:3, etc).
Aspect ratio should be set correctly in the Project Options before you create this style.
post-1-0-23975700-1431007744_thumb.jpg
post-1-0-33319700-1431007749_thumb.jpg
3. In the list of styles you'll see one dual style which includes several variants for different aspect ratio:
post-1-0-54012900-1431007753_thumb.jpg
I attach a sample style which include 4:3 and 16:9 sub-styles and source projects.

Hi Igor,

How do you deal with PTE asking if you want to "replace" the current style with the new style? I have created twelve styles which consist of four different aspect ratios (16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 5:4) and three variants on each aspect ratio.

The styles are already created. So in this case I would assume that instead of twelve separate styles I would end up with three multi-aspect ratio styles. The problem I'm having is with naming four styles the same. PTE wants to overwrite one with the other - how is this prevented?

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

In this case, for "replace" read "update".

Try making one where the image is zoomed 80% for 3:2.

Then in a 16:9 zoom by 60%.

The style is updated and will choose the AR/Zoom according to the Project Options.

DG

Hi Dave,

O.K. - I've just tested this... and it doesn't ask if I want to overwrite as long as the checkbox for the proper aspect ratio is ticked - that seems to work very well. To avoid mistakes the user will have to have the proper checkbox for the aspect ratio of the slide being used. In the case where multiple slides of different aspect ratios are being used in a show - I'm thinking that a controlling frame should be used in the style to insure that the user can easily adjust both the animation and size of image should there be a conflict.... I think I will have to re-create about 30 styles to make this work....

Best regards,

Lin

That would be helpful - It will be nice to have three styles which cover twelve variables rather than twelve styles but I think I'll have to start from scratch and do them over to make it work...

L

Well, the rain styles are finished and uploaded along with a host of PNG files for lightning and window rain drops, mp3 files for rain, thunder, wind and lightning crack audio. An AVI tutorial and a demo style showing the use of the lightning PNG and window raid drop accessory files. Four aspect ratios (16:9, 3:2, 4:3 and 5:4) are in the multi-aspect ratio styles. Rain from the left, from the right and straight down are included. I just have to do the snow styles now and it will all be tidy, I think.

Thanks to Igor for reminding us of and how to accomplish the multi-aspect ratio capabilities. That really keeps down the clutter of styles a great deal.

Best regards,

Lin