WnSoft Forums

Background

Ednys

Hello,

I have tried to create a DVD of a family trip for members who do not have a computer but do have a DVD player.

On the .exe show I have a background and on one of the slides I have used the object editor to create a small descriptive text. The text spreads over the sides of the slide into the background which gives me the effect I want in .exe. But when I burn the show to a DVD it only appears to burn the actual slide to fill the tv screen and I loose the background, also the slide I have created with the overlapping text is full screen like all the other slides and I loose the text either side that runs into the background. Oh the background is there and shows when a slide plays in vertical position.

I have saved my slides at 1024x768.

Are my slides too big at this resolution?

Is it right that I lose the background when I burn a DVD?

Also the DVD when it is played onto a TV is shaking, Is this to do with the DVD burning program of have i not set something up properly in PTE? I am setting everything up as PAL. for the UK.

Any ideas anyone please.

Thank you.

;)

Ed

welcome to the forum

try setting your screen to full

then in the box -- set it between 90 = 95 %

make a vcd and see how it plays

your pict size is just right but a few of us experimented with the above settings with success

ken

Ken,

Due to facing a few major computer problems created by me fiddling with things I am not too sure about, I tend to leave things alone unless I know what I am doing with them and why.

Your suggestion worked fine. I did set the slides to 80% to try. Lukily enough I have some rewriteable dvd's so was able to use them to try my effects.

I do not know why but I do not seem able to do VCD.

I go to the video button then in the other box click on vcd, I also have the sharpness filter, Ulead and Interlace boxes ticked. I click the create avi, when it is done i go to Ulead Movie Factory 3 (Trial). not clicking the finish button. In Ulead I click on the vcd and do all the other gubbins but when I go to Add Video File I keep getting a message "The created file is not accessible". I have just ignored it and not even tried to do a vcd as I have not been able to figure this one out......... May be something simple :rolleyes:

The dvd I have burned is a bit jittery but i suspect that is to do with Ulead rather than EXE.

If you do have any ideas about the vcd I would love to hear them.

Thank you for your help,

Glenys

If it is any help i do all the converting with tmpgenc

p2e to exe to avi then to tpmpgenc - and it makes a mpg - that you can import into your dvd program -- i do not have a dvd burner

see

AVI TIPS, A COMMON THREAD FOR ALL TIPS FOR AVI

Posted: Nov 29 2003, 09:09 AM

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1350

you might get something out that thread

ken

To Ed and others that need a little guidance :)

The resolution of a NTSC

VCD is 352x240 pixels

SVCD is 480x480

DVD is 704 or 720 x 480

The resolution of a PAL

VCD is 352x288 pixels

PAL SVCD is 480x576

DVD is 704 or 720 x 576

PhotoVCD

Not a standard by itself, this term is used when a group of image files are placed on a VCD and displayed in a format like a slideshow. There are two ways of doing this with VCD 2.0 technology:

1) Import the pictures into a video editing program, adding optional music and transition effects as desired. The time between pictures is decided by the filmmaker, not the viewer. The result is output as a VCD or even SVCD motion video file and authored like any motion video to VCD or SVCD.

The resolution is limited to VCD 352x240 NTSC, 352x288 PAL or SVCD 480x480 NTSC, 480x576 PAL which may appear grainy or low resolution compaired to the original pictures.

2) Author a photo VCD 2.0 disc encoding each picture as a still MPEG at 704x480 NTSC, 704x576 PAL. This allows better resolution but (probably) lacks transition effects. The resulting collection of still MPEG images can be authored with difficulty in VCDimager/VCDeasy or you can use a program that automates the whole process from images to disc like Ulead DVD Pictureshow.

SVCD

'Super VideoCD'.

A SVCD is very similiar to a VCD, it has the capacity to hold about 35-60 minutes on 74/80 min CDs of very good quality full-motion MPEG-2 video along with up to 2 stereo audio tracks and also 4 selectable subtitles. A SVCD can be played on many standalone DVD Players and of course on all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software based decoder / player.

VCD

'Video Compact Disc'

Basically it is a CD that contains moving pictures and sound. If you're familiar with regular audio/music CDs, then you will know what a VCD looks like. A VCD has the capacity to hold up to 74/80 minutes on 650MB/700MB CDs respectively of full-motion video along with quality stereo sound. VCDs use an encoding standard called MPEG-1 to store the video and audio. A VCD can be played on almost all standalone DVD Players and of course on all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software based decoder / player.

ENJOY!

Bart