WnSoft Forums

Mac user

Cherylk

Hi,

The short answer is yes, you will need a copy of Windows to use the PTE editor and create slideshows. You can create Mac slideshows on PTE.

The current 8.0n version of PTE can run Windows on a newer model Macs using a Windows partition and Bootcamp software from Apple. If you want to run OS X and Windows at the same time then you will need a hosted hypervisor that creates a virtual PC for Windows on top of OS X. The two most popular are VMWare Fusion and Parallels. There is also VirtualBox 5 (free) that requires a copy of Windows and Wine (free) a Windows API emulator that does not require a copy of Windows. I have not tried the free software. I doubt the performance is comparable to Fusion or Parallels.

PTE 9 editor that *may* be available for beta testing in late 2015 *may* run natively on either Windows or Macs.

Tom

update Nov. 10, 2015. There is also Codeweavers which is apparently an API emulator. They are working on Direct X 11, so it should work with Direct X 9 applications like PicturesToExe.

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search?name=picturestoexe

• Like 1

Hi,

The short answer is yes, you will need a copy of Windows to use the PTE editor and create slideshows. You can create Mac slideshows on PTE.

The current 8.0n version of PTE can run Windows on a newer model Macs using a Windows partition and Bootcamp software from Apple. If you want to run OS X and Windows at the same time then you will need a hosted hypervisor that creates a virtual PC for Windows on top of OS X. The two most popular are VMWare Fusion and Parallels. There is also VirtualBox 5 (free) that requires a copy of Windows and Wine (free) a Windows API emulator that does not require a copy of Windows. I have not tried the free software. I doubt the performance is comparable to Fusion or Parallels.

PTE 9 editor that *may* be available for beta testing in late 2015 *may* run natively on either Windows or Macs.

Tom

Thanks very much for your help Tom.