WnSoft Forums

DVD Slideshow

charfar

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also very new to Picstoexe. I have version 7.0. I would appreciate some advice. I have just created my first slideshow and I'm generally pleased with the outcome........BUT!!

I created a DVD slideshow which I can show through my DVD recorder or through a TV with inbuilt DVD facility. When I play the dvd the quality of the photos is very good but they appear distorted, i.e. the subjects are short and squat.

I know this is something to do with the screen formatting but can't find anything in the (not very user friendly user guide) to help rectify it. When I previewed the slideshow prior to converting to DVD and even when I was creating it, all the photos were exactly as they should appear through my desktop PC.

My TV has a range of formats including 16:9, 4:3, autowide and wide. I've tried all but to no avail. Can anyone advise please.

Presumably you are making a 4:3 show??

...and the 4:3 show is being distorted to fit the width of the TV and maintain the height??

....thus, short fat people.

Make your show in the 16:9 format and add (superimpose) your 4:3 images on the 16:9 show. If you are zooming your images you will need a Matte to contain and maintain the 4:3 images.

Untick Project Options / Screen/ "Fixed Size of Slide (in pixels)" before burning the DVD.

When you preview the show you should see a 4:3 show with background coloured strips to the left and right.

Try making a single slide 16x9 Project and burn that to DVD as a trial.

BTW you are at least two versions behind the current Version 8 which doesn't help. If you were running the current Version 8 I could post a Style which you could use as a Template for making your show.

If I have made wrong assumptions about your AR etc please come back with more detail?

Make of TV / DVD Player?

Standard DVD Player or BluRay?

HDMI or Scart connection?

If you are sure that you have checked ALL settings on the TV is there a menu on the DVD / BluRay Player that you might have missed?

DG

Thanks DG for your advice. Is there a facility within Picstoexe to do this (i.e. change format to 16:9) and if I do follow your guidance will the final result still fill the screen on my Smart TV. At present it fills the screen nicely but (as you say) with short and fat subjects - my wife is NOT happy with the shots of her!!!!!!

I suggest that a little time reading some of the main headings of the Online Help File would be of benefit with regard to PTE.

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/main

In Project Options / Main and Screen you can change your Resolution and Aspect Ratio of your show. Set 16:9 and 1920x1080 (or 1280x720). Make a one slide show and burn to a dvd as a trial and go from there.

DG

P.S. have you considered upgrading to version 8?

• Like 1