WnSoft Forums

EF open error

pushu

I am working on a presentation that has about 475 images. it is sync to music that is about 13 minutes using only the fade effect. It is a quick transition but has worked fine. I tried to add some additonal images (which were just copies of some of the images already in the show (with changes like converted to black and white) that were saved as copies. Now when I run the show I get a dialog box with the message EF open error in module when it gets to the spot where I inserted the new slide. I also get the same message with the slide that follows it. If I remove the following slide the error will go to the next slide in order.

this happened in every spot I inserted a new slide.

Can anyone help or is there additonal info needed?

Going on the info you have given, it sounds like the old problem of slide list v timeline. If a slide is added to the slide list the timeline needs to have it added there also. Unfortunatly if you add the slide mid way through a show you will have to add them all again.

As you add a slide to the timeline it takes the next slide on the list, and you cannot select a slide and have it entered out of sequence.

One other option is to rearange the slide list so that your sequence is right and the aditions have pushed the last few slides out of the end of the time line. Then all you need do is to add the transition points for these slides. Why this works is because the timeline takes the slides as "no.1 from slide list...ect." so the file name has no effect. Go to the last transition point and in play mode, press the spacebar to add each extra slide.

Alan