WnSoft Forums

Using Templates

CChilders

PTE is just about the best program I have ever used and I have been using computers since 1982. I just love this program!!

I am a photographer and use PTE to create a slideshow for each bride. She views all her wedding images so that she can order her images for her album. We use the same basic setup for each show. But I think that I am not doing it the best way possible.

When I choose the "wedding show" template, I get all the images from the wedding that was set in the show when I created the template. This forces me to clear all the images, move to appropriate folder and add all the images from the new wedding.

I just found out tonight that when I press the "create" button, the .exe file goes into this folder: c:\programs\pic2exe\templates\bridesname.exe. I had to press the create button several times until I could figure out where the file was going. After I got to the folder under c:\programs\pic2exe\templates\ I found a lot of images from the first wedding that I created the template.

Here is what I would like to do:

1: go to folder where bride's images are stored

2: apply template (without having to erase all the other images)

3: create the .exe file that is written and stored in the same folder as the bride's images (so I don't have to find it).

4: as a side issue, I would like to delete all those images that are under the templates folder.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi, Chuck,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure just what you are trying to do, but if I understand correctly, when you create a template, you are really just creating a folder and putting all the files in one place for ease of future changes to that show. If you change the name of the template each time you create a new one, the files for that template will all go into their own separate folder inside the main PTE folder. The template is therefore more than just a "template" per se, in the usual sense of the word. Using it will actually open up the show from which it was originally made so that one can either change the name of each file to match the new files for the new show, or else change the names of the new files to match the ones in the template. The main advantage in doing this is to not have to manually change the delay times, transition types and timing, etc., for the new show, but only the file names themselves. This can be done fairly easily by importing the PTE file into a spreadsheet or the "Adjustor" spreadsheet model and doing a global re-naming. Or use a program such as Irfanview to batch-rename all the new slides to match the ones in the "template".

It is possible to delete all the images in a template folder, but you will have to replace them one by one if you attempt to use that template to make a new show, before it will run properly. The parameters for each slide should still be intact, though.

I've confused myself with all this - hope I haven't confused you too! B)

I am not into this wedding photography larf - too scared and too old. If having created your preferred wedding sequence and "created a template from show", you could then as Al says delete all of the unwanted images and save the amended result as your template.

When you next call up File>Template and your particular template it should be ready to add in your new images, finally "saving it as" and "creating slideshow as" your new title.

Ron [uK]