WnSoft Forums

PTE 2 HTML

boxig

:PPTE 2 HTML

Browse for "PicturesToExe" project file (.pte) and a Thumbs html page will be created including all images in the show (main images and object images). Click on thumb and original size will be displayed. By using settings button you can choose the name of your page and the number of thumbs in a row. The program will alert you for any missing image.

Please your feedback here.

:rolleyes: Volunteers needed to check beta version of my "Autorun Menu Window".

Download for volunteers

:P Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

Hello again and thank you for another fine utility for us to use. I did a brief test and have a few suggestions:

1) The thumbnails all display in landscape mode. As a result, all portrait images vertically skewed. This is really a problem when showing people images of themselves. This won't help my sales at all on portrait work. ;)

2) The image count is at 25 no matter how many images I have.

3) It would be helpful if in the options button you allow us to set the background color (maybe just the basics, white (default), black, red, green, etc.) in both pages and maybe a TITLE for both the thumbnail page and the title page too.

4) Another option that would be nice (but not required), would be the option to have the image center on the HTML page. Especially for smaller images that we select from the thumbnail for viewing.

5) Another option; would be to allow people to copy the full size images into another sub-directory (inside your current working directory). That way your HTML thumbnail code and the sub-directory (maybe called "IMAGES") could easily be uploaded together to the web for viewing by others. The code would have the sub-directory name in it so this could easily be accomplished without someone needing to know anything about HTML.

Anyway, that's all I have right now. Thank you again for this and all of the great programs you have written and continue to allow everyone on this forum to use.

Regards,

Fred

Hi Fred and thanks for your feedback.

The image count is at 25 no matter how many images I have.

BUG !!!! :o

Ok, I fixed it already and uploaded fixed version.

There was a line I used while working on it so I limited the thumbs to 25.

Forgot to take it out :unsure:

The thumbnails all display in landscape mode. As a result, all portrait images vertically skewed.

Yes (I thought nobody will notice, after all, I got no feedback for my last three utilities) ;) It is planed for next version if there will be enought interest in this utility because it's a lot of scripting and I was lazy. But it will be done.

It would be helpful if in the options button you allow us to set the background color (maybe just the basics, white (default), black, red, green, etc.) in both pages

What both pages ? :o

Did someone added a second page to my utility ???? :angry:

as for the background... It is planed for next version if there will be enought interest....

and maybe a TITLE for both the thumbnail page and the title page too

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

...again BOTH ?

I know the thumbnail page but what is the title page (or I may become a senile) ?

Another option that would be nice (but not required), would be the option to have the image center on the HTML page. Especially for smaller images that we select from the thumbnail for viewing.

Ho o o o ... now I see what you mean secend page. The page when you open the image in original size, yes (or maybe no...) ? This will be a little difficult since there is no page but users default browser which show the image. I am not expert in HTML so if someone knows how to do it....

would be to allow people to copy the full size images into another sub-directory

;) It is planed for next version if there will be enought interest....

could easily be uploaded together to the web for viewing by others

Here you got me ! :o

I didn't think about this option but it's great idea. Of curse... if there will be enought interest....

Fred, will you check also all those changes when done ? It is very difficult to create those things with no help. Thank you a lot for all those suggestions, and letting me something to do in my boring days.

:P Granot

Hi Fred,

Your feedback was very inspiring.

I uploaded a new version with the following new features:

1) Select your own background color for thumbs page (a new button).

2) Select width and height of thumbs (added to setting button).

3) Right-click menu when on thumb to save original image.

Now left the most difficult (at least for me) to let utility resize thumbs by ratio.

This may take few hours or few days if I can make it.

Any new suggestions will be very welcomed.

Thanks again for your much needed help

Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

I tested the new revisions and it looks like its working as advertised. I found that if you change your default background color in IExplorer (my browser) that it does change the background, but it messes up other things. So, I'll live with the white default background.

I was able to do the "save as" and the "save picture" functions using the mouse's right click button.

The only other thing that you might want to consider is that your instructions (the text) are being wrapped when you first open the program. My display is set at 1024x768, so this might be a result of that. But as you say, if this doesn't get some additional feedback I'm not sure it would be worth investing the time to enhance this.

Overall, it does work and would assist someone who doesn't have Photoshop or some other program that allows the creation of thumbnails into HTML code. Of course, those programs don't read a .pte file like yours does! :D

Thanks again for everything you do for members of this forum.

I'll try to get back to test your AutorunMenuWindow program again. Just haven't had too much time lately. :blink:

Fred

Thanks Fred.

I just finished your main and most important suggestion - to keep ratio of thumbs so you can see landscape or portrait. Now program will display all thumbs in the right ratio and you still can choose size of thumbs. This took me many hours, just about 7 short lines of script but maybe a thousands tests till I got it right. I still want to make some more tests before I will upload. I will fix also the "Wrap" issue.

Of course, those programs don't read a .pte file like yours does!
...and this is the point, since you can't do it with no other program, especially if your files are not all in same folder.
if this doesn't get some additional feedback I'm not sure it would be worth investing the time to enhance this
...and this is a good example how just by your feedback I added so many features.

Thank you for willing to check my "AutorunMenuWindow" which is still Beta and thus I can't offer it for sale.

I will post here again after uploading the "Ratio Thums" version.

Many Thanks

Granot