WnSoft Forums

OT - Screen Saver from AVI

Guest Techman1

Guest Techman1

Hello all,

I am needing a program/utility that allows me to create a Screen Saver program from a video file (like an AVI). Do any of you know of one that is around and doesn't cost anything (that's the key, as I don't want to spend any money to do this for someone).

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter!

Fred

Fred

have you got a screen capture proggie

capture picts from avi -- windows media player has a a pause feature -- then when you have a collection of picts, crop the crap from borders with irfanview and build a scr with p2e

or

go to

http://www.rosecitysoft.com/rcslists/lists...ts/?p=subscribe

and subscribe to the newsletter -- they are giving away a free screensaver proggie this month

did a google and found this site

http://freedownloadswindows.com/windows/65...Decompiler.html

ken

Fred:

I came across this a while back. Don't know anything about it but it indicates that it will make a scr from video. I haven't downloaded it but it says free, but could load your computer up with commercials?

Media Saver

If you try it let me know how it works.

ken

Fred:

Microsoft advertises a free Power Toys Funpack here:

PowerToys Fun Pack

It's evidently for XP only and I don't run XP...says it supports video to scr.

Ken :rolleyes:

Guest Techman1

Ken and Ken,

Thank you both! I do have the ability to take screen shots of an AVI file and then can use PTE to create my screen saver.

I was just hoping there might be a utility that I can tell it to begin at a point in my AVI file, then automatically take a snapshot every second for a set duration (like 30 seconds). Then create the screen saver file for me. That would give me my little screen saver show.

I'll try out one of the links that you suggested and see if it's what I'm looking for. Otherwise, I may just go the manual route and use PTE (which works great by the way). It's just a bit slower process for what I'm wanting to do.

Thanks again! :)

Fred

I was just hoping there might be a utility that I can tell it to begin at a point in my AVI file, then automatically take a snapshot every second for a set duration (like 30 seconds).  Then create the screen saver file for me.  That would give me my little screen saver show.

Fred...

Look hard at IrfanView! :D

It can capture a AVI at a given time or even by click of a mouse.

(Look under the slideshow options and you can see the options there)

Good Luck and hope this helps

Bart

btw..

I have not tried it, but it looks promising B)