WnSoft Forums

Burning to play in a DVD

Please pardon my cluelessness, but I am very new to P2E. I"ve always used Photo Jam in the past which seems to be the "dummies" version of this program :D I've created a slide show and chose create and save it as an exe file on my desktop. I'm using Easy CD Creater to try to burn this and it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Photo Jam also saves as an exe file and it does recognize those shows, so I'm not sure why. Do I need different software to burn this show or should I be creating it in a different manner. Thanks so much for your help.....

Guest Techman1

Dawsons Mom,

Welcome to the forum. First to help you, if you will go to the bottom of the main screen and click on the drop-down list in the right hand corner you'll see three different forums. The "How to create Video" has a lot more information on this topic.

To address your question, first you need to have one of the current versions of PTE (Version 4.20 is the latest). Then when you create your slideshow, you'll notice a button on the bottom called "Video". This allows you to create a video file instead of a ".exe" program file. This gives you the ability to create a file that can then be burned as a VCD, SVCD or DVD. I'm assuming that is what you are wanting to do based on the subject line in your thread.

Try doing a search over the past 90 days or so in the "How to create video" forum and see what turns up for you. If you have specific questions then, please post them and I'm sure someone from the forum will assist you further.

Good luck and I hope this helps get you started. PTE really is a wonderful program!

Fred

Thank you so much Fred. I'll definately go to the bottom and see what turns up. I didn't even notice that button. I did finally save it as as a video file, but my program still didn't recognize it. I'll try it again, but when I saved it as a video file to my desktop it saved as a SCR file, but the program that I use to burn still didn't recognize it. It said "an SCR will not work in a VCD player. To make this file video CD compliant you will need to use an MPEG encoder that supports video CD encoding", it also said that I needed to have mpeg files????? I'm thinking that the problem might be with "Easy CD Creator". It's not always so easy :D. Do you guys think that I need a different program to burn these things? Thanks so much for all of your help.

I guess I'm going backwards but I should introduce myself. I'm a mom of a 21 month old and live with him and my husband in Virginia. I'm starting a photography (portrait) business and thought that slide shows would be a wonderful addition to a package that I could offer. So here I am........ I've been lurking for a few days and really appreciate all of your wonderful wealth of information. I love P2E, but have only had it for a few days and am still learning.

I have a question for Al. I thought it said on your website that you live in the Blue Ridge mountains, but then I saw that you live in Canada. I also live near the Blue Ridge Mountains, so I was just curious. I asked my husband if the Blue ridge moutnains go to Canada and I just got a look (I guess I was having a blonde moment). ;) Al, your p2E tutorial was a big help.

Thanks to everyone and Happy Mothers Day.

Tammy

Hi, Tammy,

Welcome to the Forum! No, I don't live near the Blue Ridge Parkway, but my wife and I have driven it. Beautiful countryside! Especially in the fall as it was when we were down there. Unfortunately, the Blue Ridge Mtns. don't reach into Canada, but they are probably related to the Appalacian Mtns. which in turn are related to the mtns in New Brunswick, and Quebec's Chic-Choc mountains.

Glad the tutorial helped. I hope to get out an updated version this week. It will

You probably already know this, but you can create an "exe" file using the "create slideshow as" menu item, and this file can be burned onto a CD. Your "Easy CD Creator" may not be able to create a file suitable for VCD or DVD purposes. You will need Roxio's "Easy CD and DVD Creator 6", or "Easy Media Creator 7".

Alternatives are Pinnacle or Nero, or other DVD-creation software. If you post a query on the PTE video forum someone more knowledgable than I on this subject will undoubtedly come to your aid and give you more-detailed info. Best of luck! :)