WnSoft Forums

burning question . . .

archdiver

Hello everyone, another newbie wannabe slideshow creator with a dumb question, hope you can help me.

I have purchased and downloaded the latest version of pictures2exe and have spent many hours preparing my first slideshow of underwater photos from my last dive vacation. The preview is very exciting and I was happy to co-ordinate music tracks to the slides. Came out at almost 100 MB.

My problem is . . . I cannot manage to burn the project onto a CD-R in SVCD format. At first, I bought and attempted to use Nitro-Burn&Go software, but the format was not accepted. So I downloaded ULEAD DVD MovieFactory 3, (pic2exe "help" recommendation) followed all the recommended actions and I repeatedly get error messages. The message states that the format is incompatible. It seems the only format that ULEAD accepts is a "DMF Project" (.dwz). I even tried saving as a DVD format (thinking I could purchase a DVD writer), but it was still rejected by ULEAD. Hopefully, there is a simple fix and I am doing something wrong?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Archdiver

welcome to the forum - and there are no dumb questions

i dont know what the ratio is but i think your 100 mb exe file its too big to be converted to an svcd

try to do a vcd --

study this link - the answer may be in there

How to prepare and burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc, Quick tutorial

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

also

see

http://www.videohelp.com/svcd

and do google search

using mpg to svcd file size

lot of hits came up

ken

Thank you for the reply Ken. I had studied that link before, but found the tutorial and subsequent discussions to be inconsistant with my problem. I am running Ulead DVD Moviefactory 3 . . . with different screens than described. I did manage to figure things out on my own and have burned a disk.

However, the resolution of my images is horrible, artifacts appearing halfway through the 10 minute show and breaks in the music score. I am not happy with the output at all.

Of course, the 62 UW images I used are unreduced 2560x1920 resolution at 75% of the screen and my monitor is a 20 inch HD flatscreen. So, my expectations were very high after viewing the preview mode before burning. Never the less, I expected much better results.

Guess I need to either do more research or wait until my new Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Digital Media Suite program arrives. I give up on Ulead.

I will apologize for asking this beforehand

but did you have the ulead box checked on the p2e create avi screen -- i did not and the music quit 5 mins into the vcd on both shows i made

when i checked that box to make the avi, factory 2 did a decent job tho it took longer than p2e to tmpgenc to nero vcd process

ken