WnSoft Forums

Copying to disc

sigelr

Thanks to all fpr previous help. New question. I want to save a slideshow with music to a CD-R and then play that CD-r on a different computer (laptop). Does the laptop have to have the Pictures to exe software or will it simply run? Can you tell me exactly how to do this?

Thanks

You have just to create an exe file from your slideshow.

When you are in the main screen of PTE, you do this by striking the F9 key of your keyboard or with the menu "File" and "Create slideshow"

Launching this executable opens and runs your slideshow (except for a Mac) with no need of PTE software :rolleyes:

Patrick

I have the basic Adaptec CD creator software that came with the computer. I ried using that to create/burn a cd-r but it didn't seem to work. I also have Musicmatch if that helps. Basically, i've got PTE downloaded onto my desktop computer at home but want to play a show on my laptop for portability.

I have the basic Adaptec CD creator software that came with the computer. I ried using that to create/burn a cd-r but it didn't seem to work.

Adaptec CD creator normally does fine for what you need. The one thing you might be missing is that you need to tell CD Creator that you are burning a data disk or files. Make sure it is not set to burn music or picture files.

using

adaptec software

select

create a data disk

you will be using the exe of your show

so you have to find the exe then get it into the lower right area dragging it there will get it in the window

make sure you have a blank un formatted disk in the cd burner drive an select burn

good luck

ken

The Adeptec software is absolutely fine for burning slide shows to CD. Other members have already mentioned the fact that you must BURN A DATA DISC otherwise it will all go pearshaped. All you need to do is drag the .exe file of your show to the appropriate window and then burn. (autorun.inf also if you want the show to start up automatically)