WnSoft Forums

Ulead Movie Factory 3

archdiver

Another member had reported a problem on May 19 within another post which I am also experiencing. Unfortunately, no replies were made to his post. By posting a new topic here, my hope is that suggestions will be made to help me (and him) with this problem. It would be greatly appreciated.

I have created a slideshow with pic2exe 4.2 and am trying to burn it to DVD+R format with my new Plextor PX-504UF external DVD burner. I have downloaded the trial version of ULead Movie Factory 3, with high hopes for success. This process has been extremely frustrating, since much money and time has already been expended, but I have no usable DVDs to share with my friends and family.

After creating the p2exe .avi file, I have made many repeated attempts to burn the production in Ulead MF-3. Upon hitting the OUTPUT key, the Ulead progress bar appears and the program seems to begin doing its' job. After a few minutes though, two error messages appear after each of my repeated attempts:

failed to re-use converted cache file (4570)

and:

unspecified error - Report ID: 0x800411 da (4570) [14252:1:0]

After the last try, another Windows notice appeared, informing me that: the apr.exe program will be closed immediately, pic2exe. then closed, but Ulead stayed open. Yikes . . . now I have the Windoze police after me! :blink: I've tried rebooting and altering the Ulead menu configurations . . . to no avail.

Thank you, in advance for any help you can provide.

Steve

Guest Techman1

Steve,

I did a search and found the following references to the error you are receiving. It appears from this individual that if they convert their video files using TMPGEnc first and then add them to MovieFactory3 that it works for them. They weren't able to figure out exactly what was happening within Ulead though. At least, that's my take after reading this thread. Here's the link to it:

"http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/tm.asp?m=66089&mpage=1&key=????"

On another note, is this a trial version or the full version? Did you try applying any/all patches that are available for this version? Have you tried burning a DVD with a small slideshow to make sure it works correctly? Do you have a DVD+RW that you can use so you don't continue to burn DVD+R's?

I hope this helps a little. Please let us know what you find out.

Regards,

Fred