WnSoft Forums

Workflow

dagrace

Me again. This is a separate topic, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I've watched PTE101, read many of the threads in this forum, and I'm VERY excited about learning how to use PTE. :o

Does anyone have a summary of their workflow for creating a project? I don't want any of you to spend a lot of time writing yet another training tool. :rolleyes: I was thinking of something like:

1) Do all the PS'ing of images (crop, sharpen, etc.)

2) Size them to 1024 x 768 and compress to "5"

3) Figure out an initial order

4) Name the images so that they sort in that order

5) Do a rough storyboard

6) Establish the basic project, set global fonts, identify the music file, etc.

7) Add text and other objects

etc. etc.

Maybe 5 should come before 1. Maybe I forgot a very important step. Don't forget to... it will save you a lot of time later. I found this great trick...

Thanks.

If this is a lot of work, please DO NOT do it. I learn by doing, so I'll be OK. :)

dagrace

welcome to the forum

I start out with a fresh folder properly named - then copy and paste all picts into that folder,and when the time comes then i put copy's of all music, icons, urls text motes etc in that folder. then bascially follow your steps other than story board -- i have it in my mind what i want

as you get used to the program you will develop a pattern

do not be afraid to save as and create as under different names to reflect your changes -- you may want to experiment with fades text etc and is so easy to do a save as create as then compare your different versions

i would label the picts first then resize with same editor -saves time- a lot of members use Irfanview which is very user friendly

pict size 0f 80 - 150kb jpgs seems to be the optimum size

and mp3's seem to work best

good luck

ken B)

Hi Dagrace, & Ken,

havn't emailed you in awhile Ken been busy on a project for a festival in Dublin. Will write soon.

Any way to answer the main topic. I would agree with Ken. I make a folder for each show, with folders within ie D:Myshow/Pictures/Sound/Project. The project folder contains the .pte and.exe folders which can be updated as progress is made. When a show is finished I dump the contents to a CD leaving an empty folder on the drive. This allows me to reinstate all the files if I need to change anything.

As for the show creation I tend to write the script, photograph, find music, and adjust till happy (ish).

Alan