WnSoft Forums

Positioning Slides and Objects

dagrace

A couple of questions:

Let's assume that the screen size is 1024 x 768.

1) I assume that a picture is centered by default. When I make a slide of a picture that's, say, 500 x 400, it will be centered. Is there a way to move that off-center without using objects?

I can conceive of using Al's black pixel (great idea, Al ... used it already! Made a white one too, just in case :) ), then using the object editor to import the real picture and position it wherever I want. I wondered if there was a way to move the image itself.

2) I haven't experimented yet, so the answer may be "Just try it!" When I import/create several objects into one slide, say, 2 more pictures or a picture and text, how do they overlap? Can I control which one is on top? Is it always the "newer" one, the last one created?

Thanks.

On my first ever project, I have most of the pics ready to go. That wasn't all that much fun for me. Now I get to do the fun part of putting it together!

Thanks for all your hints and helps. You've saved me a lot of time and trial and error! ;)

I would do, what you are trying to achieve, using a picture editing programme such as Adobe Photoshop. You would start with a background then drag your images over and position them as required. Each image would be on a separate layer. Which image should be on top can be set by repositioning the layer to the top of the "stack".

Ron [uK]