WnSoft Forums

SVCD output

denwell

Hi All

My first attempts at producing an SVCD went well (thanks to the useful posts here!), however I had checked the 'sharpness filter' on PTE's dialogue box before making the avi. The result was a peculiar 'pixellation/edge effect ' appearing just before each transition began - ugly to say the least.

My second attempt was without this filter and all was OK - but the images did seem a little softer on my TV.

Any thoughts?

Also a lot of my shows are produced with thin white borders around the images - on SVCD the horizontal (mainly the bottom) ones appear to shimmer & shake on TV - again ugly and distracting - can this be cured?

thanks in advance for your toughts and advice.

Denwell (NE UK)

DENWELL

try at full screen setting - then make the % setting between 90 and 95% -- you will have to experiment

you get wavy vertical edges and by making pict full screen then reducing screen size it seems to solve the problem -- also helps if you change the background to one less contrasty if you are using white borders on the picts

the sharpness box does not affect me -i use it all the time- it was discussed back last December think it was between Igor and Bart when using tmpgenc

ken

Denwell

i am the process of having a new system built and going over some of the manuals ahead of time.

if you go to

http://www.atitech.ca/support/products/pc/...promanuals.html

and read the ATI manual page 30 it describes the problem of edge sharpness.

i suspect it applies to shows that are generated on the computer and then sent to the tv as well -- so i think the answer is to not have borders on frames close to the edge of the picture tube on tv -- so make picts bigger -- keep text away from edges and maybe the problem will be solved

ken B)