WnSoft Forums

Transition flicker

LumenLux

(This topic is triggered by comments of several members in the presentation section of the forum. )

I think it was Ron, who hit on a point that has concerned me lately. Frankly I am confused about this.

It seems to me that I am having more trouble with flicker with Version 4.20 than I did with previous versions. But I also remember, Igor giving us opportunity to test the transition methods that he was considering. I know at least one of our valued forum members helped with a significant change in approach that most everyone concluded was better. Igor had us insert a couple of lines of instructions to see which fade methods worked best.

Now it seems to me that the fade transition is silky smooth on faster machines but flickers more on my 750 mhz machine than did the older fade method. The two-line modification does not seem to help now. As I said, I am confused. Maybe some more observations and opinions here would help many of us and even Igor. Or, Igor, if you are reading, maybe you can explain what is happening?