WnSoft Forums

Autorun.inf

gr8digital

gr8digital

A good idea:

I dont know if your OS settings is showing your file extentions or not ... but its a good idea to have all extentions shown when building or compiling any programs (as you need to see exactly what your working with). Check your folder/file view settings.

Autorun inf :

(I dont know whats with your Notepad.exe ... maybe you have some other new text editor thats taken control)

However, why not just right click your desktop and select create new text document and save it as Autorun.inf (make sure its not saved as Autorun.inf.txt )

Contents as labeled:

[autorun]

open=FD2004.exe

Note : Your FathersDay2004.exe filename may be too long for some OS to read correctly ... so shorten/rename your filenames to 8.3 chars to resolve this issue for all other users. Icon= labeling is not required ... windows will use your default exe icon anyway.

As for Expiration:

Only the exe show expires (not the pte program itself nor does the reg key have any effect on the compiled show exe) You may have possibly built your exe show with some expiration setting. Check your .pte file to verify or correct.

I did put an expiration date in the PTE presentation. I don't understand how that affects the autorun.inf file. It's not the PTE file that says it expired, but rather the autorun.inf file.

I tried nobeefstu's advice below - it still did not work. While I clicked on the autorun.inf file, I still get the "Sorry, your trial period has expired" error message.

Help?

gr8digital,

If creating a new text document didnt seem to help your issue ... and editing an existing text document doesnt work either, I would suspect you have some file association problem with your .inf files.

Check/verify your .inf file extention association settings/properties (fix if necessary). I find this your most likey target at this time ... since clicking a inf file brings up some error message.

Hi Kurt and Hi gr8Digital,

I had not intended to 'post' again on this thread so Kurt lets "agree" on a few things which

you have already stated:-

1) Your 'Notepad' is where it should be in C:\Windows....correct ?

2) You did activate the PTE 'Protection of Presentation' facility....correct?

And "gr8Digital" is to be complimented for he is absolutely correct concerning the problem

with your Autorun.inf File Association.

What you have made is a "Trial Program or Trial Presentation" because you activated the

'Protection of Presentation' facility - there is no way of correcting your error.

Believe you me many Engineers have tried this with "Trial Program Software"

The PTE "Protection of Presentation" inserts a piece of code with "Title + Date + Time Stamp"

into the PTE.Exe which is 'bundled' and locked up within the Exe. You cant get in to edit this

nor can you "back-date" the PC.System Clock because of the System Log and Reg.Key.

I also found that the PTE.Exe 'seems' to have a hook to ANY Titled Autorun.inf.

Someday,perhaps Igor the PTE Designer would answer this ?

Regards,

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

Not sure if this will help but doesn't the number of characters in the filename is limited to 8, plus the .exe ? I remember trying to use a longer filename and it wouldn't work. I think autorun.inf is a throwback from the old DOS operating systems when the filenames had to be shortened to 8 characters, plus the extension