WnSoft Forums

Music and Pictures not found

JohnDouglas

Hello,

When I open the program, an errors window pops up before the program opens saying the music is not found.

Then when I check on preview or create, the errors window pops up again and it says pictures and music not found. They are on the same path as they were before and you can view them in the preview window in the upper right window.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Welcome to P2E. What I think is happening here is that when you open the programme it opens with the last saved .pte file. The lost pictures message comes up when you move a picture which is in this file. You may have a picture in the file list and this will show up in the window. This is because the window will show the current sellected image regardless of which list it is in. What you need to do is look at the error message and restore the images/sound to the location it says they are missing from, or delete the slide from the slid list, and add it again from the file list. The same would apply for your music in the project options music tab. To help reduce the chances of this happening you should have a file for each show cintaining folders for Images Sound and Project file/.exe file, and always use the save as... or create as... file options,

Alan

Hi John,

Welcome to P2E. What I think is happening here is that when you open the programme it opens with the last saved .pte file. The lost pictures message comes up when you move a picture which is in this file. You may have a picture in the file list and this will show up in the window. This is because the window will show the current sellected image regardless of which list it is in. What you need to do is look at the error message and restore the images/sound to the location it says they are missing from, or delete the slide from the slid list, and add it again from the file list. The same would apply for your music in the project options music tab. To help reduce the chances of this happening you should have a file for each show cintaining folders for Images Sound and Project file/.exe file, and always use the save as... or create as... file options,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick reply, I deleted the current picture files and added new ones and it still gave the error message.

I then deleted the music files in the program as you suggested and it started working.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Best,

John

Glad to help John. one thing for the future, I as I said have a folder for each show. But if i want to archive to cd i only copy the contents of the folder and leave an empty folder for the show on the hd. This way you can restore all info to the folder, and P2E assumes it was there all along,

Alan