WnSoft Forums

TV screen sizing

jongru2

In a number of the posts I see reference to the 90-95% of the screen. Where and at what stage is that parameter found?...Thank You...jongru

Jong,

project options/screen/

there is a box to adjust screen size

when making a show for video, some have found that if you set fit to screen,full screen mode and adjust the %, that you diminish the chance of right side wavy vertical borders

and still maintain most of the picture

ken

well i do it to get rid of a vertical border or picture edge so i dont see the waviness when i burn to dvd and play it on tv

it is an experimental thing -- you have to play with these things to make your self satisfied

it took an awful lot of playing with picts and disks to reach a happy medium

Carol Thomas

rooski11

came up the resizing back last dec early jan when she was playing shows on a widescreen tv

but if i remember right it had something to do with retaining original pict size -- we also had to come up with proper text placement -- we were losing text when played on the tv

a lot of fiddling and changing methods came about when we started to make a show for tv viewing

a search of this section

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ite=screen+size

revealed lots of hits using screen size as the key words

ken

Hi Ken,

Yes, I did in fact reduce the screen size to 95% in P2E I burned the DVD and what it did for my screen was just increase the size of the black fill areas of the vertical and horizontal. I never did have a problem with squggly lines on the sides, etc. The thing I pay very close attention to in building the PTE file used as the avi file source, is that I use a lot of blank pasteboards for showing text info about various parts of the show, and must always remember to use text fonts that measure between 22-28 to be seen with great clarity on the tv screens.

Other than what I observed in increasing the size of the vertical and horizontal black screen areas, I always go with the default settings to convert the P2E file to video ready avi, mpeg, or wma....thanks for the help...jongru...