WnSoft Forums

Using Stroke in Photoshop

FarleyBen

I'm using the stroke function under the Edit menu in Photoshop to create a thin border of 3 pixcel thickness around my photographs in preparation for use in Slideshow.

The photographs have been sized to 1024 x 768 and the stroke set to inside.

Although the lines are clearly discernable in Photoshop, when played in the slide show the top horizontal and right side vertical line are either much thinner or not there at all.

I'm stumped, appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Trev C :(

Hi Trev

Try putting a stroke of 6 pixel width in your colour eg yellow.

Then add a second stroke of 3 pixels in black

Both borders set to inside, with mode set to normal and opacity at 100%.

The yellow will then stand out all around your image.

Sometimes the opacity is set lower than 100% and if the border is set to inside, as the border colour goes over part of the image the border will appear fainter or darker depending on the colour below

Let me know if this improves things.

I'm using Photoshop CS - which version do you use?

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Maureen

What screen res are you using?

Do you mean screen res or screen size Steve?

Screen resolution changes depending on your source of viewer e.g. monitor or projector, etc .

BW Maureen

Trev

I have followed Maureen's step-by-step instructions in Photoshop 7.01 and used your 90% sizing in PTE and it has worked perfectly. Are you sure that in the Stroke settings you are using Location>Inside and that you set the Image size in Photoshop at 1024x768?

Ron [uK]

Ron,

Yes, location is inside and image size set to 1024 x768. When I use a larger stroke selection, 5 pixels for example, the line is there in PTE but on some slides it is not uniform on all sides. I have noticed a similar problem in the slide show "My Little Friend", some of the slides in portrait mode have no edge on the right hand side.

Regards,

Trev C