WnSoft Forums

can you help with an effect

bobbinman

Hi

I am working on my next show and I am trying to achieve an effect where at the end of the show I have an image on screen and then the text is pushed up from the bottom of the screen over the top of the last image which would still be visible with the text overlaid.

I have made a 1024 x 768px image in PS6 with a transparent background and the text I want. I have tried saving this as gif with the transparent box ticked. When I bring the file into P2E it has a white background. I was able to do this for my copyright logo which appears on screen all the time, just a little wording with transparent background in the bottom left screen, why can't I do it with a big image? What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Chris

The object editor only supports transparent .BMP files which you can also produce in PhotoShop. If you create an alpha chanel and save as 32 bit it should give you the transparency you want.

Sorry I miss read the question.

The Gif will work but you are better off putting a color in the background.

I just made a Gif with a whit back ground and Red letters. When I pulled it into PTE

with the object editor it was already Transparent.

I know when I have had trouble with a GIF in the past. I would covert it toa BMP

then Back to a GIF. I like using the Gif because the File size is so much smaller.

cc