WnSoft Forums

Interesting new capability

alrobin

The addition of "permit control of show" to synched shows has given us an interesting new capability in PTE.

It is now possible to set up the show in synched mode for a certain number of slides at the start of the slide list, and once the music has finished, the show will pause, and one can then continue on with the remainder of the slides in manual mode (either by clicking on the nav bar, or having the mouse button programmed to advance to the next slide. :)

This could be useful when a manually-activated show is desired, but one wants to include a synched introduction at the start.

Hello Al - How are things in Ottawa ?

Just read your Post. If you remember some time ago I mentioned it would be a good

idea to have a 'Sliding Stop Bit' on the end of the 'Music Time Line' which would make

things a lot easier when 'Synchronising PTE Shows".

It looks as if Igor is starting to 'beta test' or play around with this idea and I can see

his reason for putting a 'Synched' section at the beginning of a small Show.

Lets not foget that the 'Trial Version' of PTE is limited to 10 Slide and this would enhance

the trial version greatly - perhaps thats the idea ? - irrespective, its great to see work

progressing ahead in that critical section of the Program.

Brian Kelly.Dublin.

Just fine, Brian! The beer here is not as good as over there, though! I have to buy my Smithwicks in little half-pint bottles! :unsure: Probably so they can charge more for it!

In another thread, Igor says he is going to work on the synch features in the next version. Should be something to look forward to, and have a chance to input to as well.

I have just noticed one problem with this feature - after playing the entire synchronized portion of the show, and then manually advancing a few of the remaining slides, it is not possible to go back to the start and replay the synced portion without exiting from the show.

Woops! JRR was over, and he tried "homing" the syched part of the show and it started playing again - guess all it needed was a magic touch! :rolleyes: