WnSoft Forums

Music Overlap?

CSchmittie

I tried another slide show software from another company. Had some interesting features, but after working with it for a while, I'm right back to PTE again. PTE is very nearly as powerful of a program, but much easier to use. One can put a show together much more quickly with PTE.

However, one feature I really liked is that you could list multiple music tracks, and then indicate how many seconds of overlap on each one, so they would fade one track right into the next with no "dead air" (as we used to call it at the radio station.) After each track listing was an option of how much "overlap" you wanted. Another way of saying it is that track number two started to roll "x" number of seconds before the end of track number one. Sure makes the crossfade of music tracks much easier.

Any possibility on a future version?

CSchmittie

CSchmittie,

Welcome. I've not tried others slide show programs, but I've seen plenty of comments on this forum of those who have and "come back". I'm delighted with PTE too! :D

To your question:

Anything is possible. When Igor posts a topic about the next release, be sure to mention it. In the mean time, after reading much of this forum from top to bottom over the months I've been a member, I can say that the general wisdom is to create one large "track" of music outside PTE and only load one "song". In an external editor (Audacity seems to be a favorite here, and I've found it quite adequate for my needs) you can overlay multiple cuts quite easily and change the overlap for each one. Then you save it all as one mp3 or whatever and away you go.

I guess if you want to change it after you've placed the slides, it's a little more hassle than having the setup you yearn for. But this is a resonable fix for the time being. :rolleyes:

That would indeed be a handy feature for PTE but in the meantime, as noted above by Dagrace, you can use AUDACITY to join your tunes together into one long string and blend them into each and overlap at the joins if you want that effect. Audacity is very easy to master and it's free, well worth a look. You'll find it with Google. (It also has a forum if you need help.)

Jim.

I'm already using Audacity, and you're right, it is a great program at a great (free) price. The other program I used is called ProShowGold (www.photodex.com) there were other features that were very nice, but it's always a case of more features make it harder to use. I realize that is always a hard balance to strike. I'll continue to string my tracks together in Audacity and I'll continue to use PTE.

CSchmittie