WnSoft Forums

PTE to VTR

Conflow

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anybody knows of a facility to convert the PTE/Avi File to VTR Format for replay

on PAL TV's ?

Now before anyone gives me a lecture on the merits of DVD - the application I have in mind

is not critical and only has to be 625 Line-Pal-TV Quality and Mono Sound would do -

Any ideas would help -

Regards to all -

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

Brian,

I'm not sure that I have the answer you are looking for, however, I overcame this problem by connecting a SVHS cable from my computer to my video recorder and recording straight on to the tape. You will also need to output audio as well by connecting to the earphone socket with a cable that terminates in a phono plug for connection to the video recorder. I use a laptop by the way. For the life of me I can't remember precisely which software I played the avi file through, although it may have been "Photos on CD & DVD". I didn't try it but it may be possible to tape straight from the PTE show when it is running???

Regards,

Trev C

Yes, the direct tapeing from PC to video tape has always been possible with appropriate PC hardware. But the quality was always much less when played on TV from the tape. Igor's Video/AVI feature brought us a huge improvement in quality. Which now leaves many of us with much to learn with that direction toward DVD when applicable.

Trev & Lumenlux

Many thanks Trev for the advice. We have a Video Card installed on the PC and we use a

'Scart Cable' to the VCR. What I was looking for was a Utility that would get the PTE-Avi

File into 'Pal Streaming Video Format' - I think I found something that may do just that and

its damn fast, not only that but you can buffer delay it, so it works on slower PC's.

Its called "Crystal Video Player" - boy does it do a job on the PTE Avi - and any Avi File for

that matter. I posted it on the forum the Link is:- www.crystalplayer.com

Lumenlux, I take your points about DVD but it was not what I was after, but many thank

for your response.I am producing CAD Drawings for Students, and then I wish to

distribute the Program via 'Video Link' to many TV Sets and I don't want to spend hours

compiling and rendering Avi's and then more hours Burning the programs -

TV quality is just fine and O.K for the applications I have in mind.

Brian.Conflow Services.

conflow@iol.ie