WnSoft Forums

Path to images

JRR

I believe this problem has been discussed many months before in terms of "re-compiling" a .pte file within the same computer but in a different (sub)folder - the solution I understand is found by using templates.

However this time the "fun" had last night was when one of three of us, (working on separate PTE shows to be linked via "Run application after last slide") had to load their pte file and images into a different computer than the one on which it was originally saved. The original pte file and images were on the D drive, the re-compilation was being done on the C drive of the other computer (It has no D drive by the way).

When we opened the PTE file, we were told the images (and music), described by their original paths, could not be found. (That was expected from past experiences working within one computer)

We tried various ways of pointing to the new location for the images/music, but the only one route that did not seem to upset the existing transition timing was a one by one replacement of each image through the "show image" line on the main page of the PTE screen. The music from the new location had to be added before the old location could be removed.

To say the least this was time consuming and frustrating.

Question:

- Did we miss the "proper" way to do this ?

If not, it would nice if a future version could some how solve this issue. Currently when using OBJECTS and asking for an application to be run (and we are quite sure the same applies, using "Run application after last slide") it does not matter what the original path was to the 2nd .exe file, so long as the .exe file is in the same folder as the first .exe when presenting.

I hope this note is somewhat clear. :)

Thanks

When you create a template. You need to copy the Template Folder (show.pt) to the other

computer and open the .pte file that is saved inside of your template folder.

It should have the .pte file and all of your pictures, objects and Music unless you have added

an audio track with the sound line. (Al has asked for this to be fixed)

When you open the .pte file that is inside this folder. PTE will look for your pictures and music

inside this folder first. Before it follows the path to try and find the pictures.

I hope this will help you in the future.

cc

CC:

It worked !!!

As much as I have used PTE over and over and over in the past few years, I must admit I have never used templates. Guess I had better start doing it now !!!!

Thanks very much.

;) I didn't have much hair left to pull out ;)