WnSoft Forums

Trying to burn with Roxio

mommyrn

I'm trying to burn a CD with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 (basic). It has options to create dataCD or a dataDVD (I don't have a DVD burner). I am just using CD-R discs and all of them have failed. I followed the steps posted here.

I tried:

"Create custom"+ "interlaced video"

"SVCD disc" + "interlaced video"

With each of the above I tried to create a data CD without clicking "finish". At first it worked and I played it through fine. But after I hit "finish" and loaded the CD again to test... there was nothing but my music :( .

I also tried the (video) "preview" button and it acted like it was going to create the CD anyway.

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shelley

Shelley,

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to create a Video disc that will play on some DVD players, or are you just trying to create a PTE show that will play on a computer?

Without a DVD burner, you can create a video disc that will play on some (not all) DVD Players, it usually gives some indication on the front of the machine e.g. "Suitable for VCD, SVCD". The difference between VCD and SVCD is quite marked in terms of the quality of the playback, believe me VCD is not worth bothering with whereas SVCD is better although not at the high standard of DVD. There's another question here as well, is your TV standard NTSC (USA/Canada) or PAL (Europe)?

If you are just trying to burn a PTE Slideshow then you just select "Create" and then copy the resultant PTE.EXE show to a CD.

I'm not an expert by the way, but I hope the info helps.

Regards,

Trev C