WnSoft Forums

Music skips in transition

pearcefoto

I have made a disc of music (I think it's MPEG) for a senior slideshow. Since PicstoEXE doesn't like this format, I had to save the music to my computer as an mp3 file. The songs are blended so that the end of the first song fades into the beginning of the second. This transition goes smoothly on the MPEG disc made with Roxio EMC 7, but it blips when it transitions using the mp3 format. Is this a Roxio problem or a PTE problem? Is there a way to use the MPEG CD instead and completely avoid making the disc mp3?

Hi,

We probly need more info for the techies to get going, but in the mean time, MP3 works fine with P2E. So I would guess that the problem is with either the Roxio or the system you use to convert the files. check if the MP plays outside P2E as a stand alone file. If this is the case then you may have a prosessor problem. If this is the case try reducing the file sizes and try again.

Alan

Here's an alternative.

Download and install "AUDACITY" - it is free.

Then you can save your MP3 directly from there with all of the effects, fades etc that you need. The time-line in Audacity will also allow accurate sync with the PTE time-line.

BTW, MPEG refers to movies or video. You can either have an AUDIO CD or an MP3 Disc.

DaveG