WnSoft Forums

Show with mainly pictures in Portrait format

Squeakyclean

Only my second enquiry so please treat me gently.

I wish to assemble a 10 minute show with my pictures of 'faces' from around the world.

All can be said to be in 'portrait' format taken with a 5 mega pixel camera at the highest jpg resolution.

What is the best size and resolution to assemble my pictures prior to bringing them into PTE ?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Squeaky

Hi again,

You could try showing the images side by side. If chosen well, they can be quite interesting. I used this idea for a diversity exhibition this year and it looks well. To break up the two image idea you could have som images which can be croped, appear in the centre of the frame with he others behind going out of focus. I would use the 1024 x 683 format for your background which should give you 2 images side by side,

Good luck with it,

Alan

Further to Alan's note...

When you re-size to whatever pixel size you decide to go with, (But make sure they are max'ed at whatever screen size you opt for) don't bother changing the resolution it really does not make a difference. But save the images as jpg's at a quality to give a maximum file size of 250-300kb.

Further again.....

Resize your portraits to 512 x 683. In PTE use the Project options>Screen>Sceen options to edit your pictures there by using "percentage of screen..." and "display shadow...". Experiment to achieve a layout of your choice. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

Hi, Squeaky,

Welcome to the Forum!

Don't think anyone mentioned it - but to place two images side-by-side, you can add them in the Object Editor, or combine them in Photoshop or other image editor. The latter is the preferred method as it gives you more control over the placement of the images.