WnSoft Forums

A Very Important Message

nickles

Ronwil, Ken Cox, LumenLux, Igor, ContaxMan, boxig, Michel, dadou, Alrobin, Conflo, ccmanz, and dozens of others:

I've said this before...guess I woke up on the good side of the bed this morning...but guys and gals like y'all make this a thoroughly enjoyable forum to participate in.

Please continue to be so helpful, thoughtful, and considerate.

Wouldn't it be neat if everyone of us could gather in a room and talk face to face, instead of over a keyboard? Unfortunately we're miles and miles apart.

Sincerely

ken

:blink:

Ken, we cant even get members to put their faces up on "Bussty's" site

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bussty/forum/forum.htm

so, there is not much chance of gettin the members in a room, but if the JR. Bush gets re elected maybe you could influence him in sponsoring an all expense paid gathering B)

ken

Hey Ken Cox:

"Bussty's" site must be a well kept secret....neat...if I knew how to post my mug on it...I would.

thanks for the info....

ken

:D

:o "personal symphony" :o

I was new to PTE and thought that people who are not professional photographers, like me, should use PTE in a some creative way. "Dancing Skeketon" and "Orchestra" (Symphony ?) are what I was thinking about. I guess now with the new PTE versions many things can be done and not only slideshows. This can be a lot of fun if members will do a funny presentation about themselves.

Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

You're a creative individual. Why don't you start it for us all!? :D Then we can each add our own and see how creative we can be. At the same time, it'll show each of us who the other member is.

I hope your trip in Thailand is a great one. How many months are you staying this time? I hope you're doing well these days.

Take care,

Fred

If Granot agrees, I can share his "Skeleton" online (it's only 2.2 MB). But unluckily "Orchestra" has probably been lost in the crash of my HDD, several months ago... Bob, do you still have this presentation? Anybody else?

Hello all!

OK I have updated "Nickles" and "Contaxman" on the Rogues Gallery. I am pleased to report that my computer was not damaged during this process!

Please note that the web address quoted above is now out of date and you should use the following to view the rogues page:-

http://www.imagescapes.co.nz/forum/forum.htm

IGOR - Hows the zooming and panning function progressing?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi "Tex" Ken, and the rest of the gang,

Just got back from a busy weekend prepering for our nationals. Recording and mixing late into the night. Having such a good idea about meeting while you were in bed, shows how important it is to spend as much time there as possible. :D We may never all meet in the one room but we can meet in passing. We had a wonderful visit from Al & Liz Robinson to Dublin in June this year and met for a meal and a chat, then a sipn in the Wicklow mountains. I have a shot of Al & Liz on the bridge at Glencree, which is in my "Glencree" show. I now have them "on location" at Glencree. I thought this would start a collection of photos of you in my show or me in your show. How many would we all collect in a year or a lifetime. I alsa don't own a hotel, but I am always happy to meet anybody who happens to be passing through. On that, anyone passing through Shannon on October 16-17th the IPF A/V Nationals will be in the Oak Lodge Hotel Shannon. Just 5 mins from the airport :D

One more thing to all. Why not fill in your location? We don't need your address, just your area as below,

Regards,

Alan

I have a shot of Al & Liz on the bridge at Glencree, which is in my "Glencree" show.

Alan,

I hope you don't have the shot of us in your show - you'll lose the competition for sure!! :) Not that it is a bad photo - thanks to you and Phil, we even have a copy of it mounted and displayed in our living room. :)

But, as everyone is saying, I agree that getting to know each other better really helps in understanding each others' points of view and makes the Forum a friendlier, more helpful place to meet. Too bad we can't have annual conferences where we could meet and compare notes, slide shows, software, spouses, ... Bussty's site is a good place to start.

We had a great time in Dublin, but the highlight was meeting Alan and Phil, and also Brian (Conflow) and Mary, at Davy Byrnes pub. (The beer wasn't bad either! B) )

Al,

That photo in your livingroom will keep the robbers out :D No its not in the show. you would not sign the contract, rember :P .

I'll have to get Kieran from Shannon involved here now he's gone digital.

By the way that confrence is in your house tomorrow tea time! Tea and sandwiches for 1,703 I belive, :o

Alan

Guido and other,

Sure everyone can sare my "Skeleton" and "Orchestra". You all have to notice that those two were done in old PTE version when the synchronization and other things were not as good as now.

Barbara, i will send you "Orchestra" when I'm back.

Fred and everyone interested (men only):

Sitting to long on your computer can make you damage in the... :(

I was just back from hospital with big pains and doctor said my computer is the reason. Keep it in mind.

Granot

... that confrence is in your house tomorrow tea time! Tea and sandwiches for 1,703 I belive ...

Bring it on!! We even have a spare bedroom if anyone wants to stay overnight. :P

By the way, thanks to you and Phil, I also have some photos from Glencree in my entry to the international competition. And thanks to advice from Kieran and Mary, there are also some shots from the Burren and the Dingle peninsula. Once the competition is over, I'll add the show to my website.