WnSoft Forums

Copyright Logo Query

kevthewev

How exactly do I create a copyright logo with Photoshop to overlay onto my PTE slides? I have tried to create a jpeg image but the preview screen has the logo's plain background overlaid which lowers the contrast of the picture even when I used a transparent background in P/shop.

Also, what size do I need to create the text in and where do I position it within the jpeg image to correspond with the locations offered in the advanced box in PTE?

Hi Kevthewev:

Welcome to PTE !!

Re the Copyright sign:

Is what you want this sign: © ???

If so then add it as a TEXT layer to your image using ARIAL and keystrokes ALT+0169. Use your caharacter Map to find the ascii keystrokes if you don't want to use ARIAL.

Then reduce the opacity of the text layer to the level you want.

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by the second question re positioning the text

Thanks Jim,

I know how to get the symbol using the method you outlined, what I need to know is how do I make a jpeg image of my own copyright information to superimpose over the slides to try and prevent illegal copying of my work - I want to use the slideshows as wedding preview albums. I need to know how to make the P/shop background transparent so that only the text is seen when overlaid onto the slide in PTE. I have tried creating a jpeg image then reducing the opacity in PTE but the text just disappears at low settings and at higher ones there is a white "ghostly" layer which is obviously the P/shop background. Also, I created the P/shop image with the text centred on the page, this then threw out the alignment when I tried to place it using PTEs location settings. Does this make the problem clearer?

Kevthewev:

Another "kick at the cat"

I assume you have your copyright info on a jpg file. Can you not SELECT your copyright information from your jpg and right click "layer via copy". Then drag it over to the image, adjusting the opacity as desired ?

That does mean doing it in PhotoShop for each image, but there is likely a way to set up an action to do it in batch mode.

Hi, Kevthewev,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you create a jpeg of your copyright text, with anti-aliasing disabled (see below), and "save for web" as a transparent GIF (using "diffusion transparency dither"), it will appear as text with a transparent background in the new advanced "copyright" feature in PTE.

Another way to add a "transparent" copyright is either in Photoshop to each image, as Ken and JRR have been describing, or as a transparent GIF object in the "Object Editor", overlaying each image. Once added to an image, it can be copied over to all the other images.

The problem of the ragged light spots around the text in the transparent GIF against a dark background can be resolved by using a font without any anti-aliasing. To turn off anti-aliasing in PS7, select "Layer / Type / Anti-Alias None". Hope this helps! :)

Thanks to everyone for replying.

Al, I have followed your instructions and now have a suitable copyright logo saved, but, when I use the "Object Editor" to place the logo on the slide, the logo is off centre despite using percent in P/shop and alining it dead centre (50% top and sides) and having the central "block" in the position dialogue box in the editor selected - how can I get the "text" dead centred over the slide and how do I copy it over the other images, is there an easy way?

Many thanks

Kevin.

Kevthewev,

Maybe your logo is too large for the image you are superimposing it over. Once you have it created you don't need to go back to PS to edit it. Just position it in the Object Editor by dragging it around with the mouse.

Did you try applying it by using the copyright feature in the advanced menu, now that you have a transparent image that works? Don't know what else to suggest.

To copy it, just open object editor for the slide to which you added the logo, highlight it and press "Ctl-C". Close Object Editor, and open it for the next slide. Click "Ctrl-V" and you should see the object in the same position as on the other slide.

Or, you can add it to a slide and then copy that slide as many times as you have slides in the show. Then for each slide, change the name to the name of the slide you really want by using the browse button toward the bottom of the main window, to the right of "Show Image". It takes a little work, but is not really too difficult (unless you have 10,000 slides in your show! :unsure: )

Hope this helps.

There are loads of very useful ideas already posted on this subject but can I suggest that you take a look at the Barry Beckham web site. He has a very useful CD available that will show you exactly how to use Photoshop to creat an 'action' that will copywrite all your PTE slides in one easy step. www.beckhamdigital.co.uk