WnSoft Forums

Important Feature for PANNING

ADB

Igor I have been thinking about the proposed PANNING function in PTE.

For this feature to work optimally you need to be able to choose precisely when you want the PAN to start.

For example you should be able to do a dissolve from the previous slide straight into the PANNING slide already moving BUT if you want you should also be able to do a dissolve from the previous slide into a static panorama then start the PAN when you want.

I think the only way to do this is to treat PANNING separate from Transitions. You do this by having a PANNING tab in the customizable slide options.

In this PANNING tab you select when you want the PANNING to start and also when you want it to finish.

For example you could then do the following:-

*Dissolve from previous slide to the PANNING slide.

*Initially the PANNING slide is stationery then 1 sec later it starts to PAN

*Then 2 seconds from the end of PANNING while the slide is still panning you can do a dissolve out to the next slide

OR

*Dissolve from the previous slide to the PANNING slide.

*As you dissolve the PANNING slide is already PANNING

*1 second from the end the PANNING ends and the slide sits there then dissolves to the next slid (or cuts or whatever)

OR

Any combination of the above

I just think if treated this way the PANNING function will look very polished.

The only thing I worry about is whether it will be too hard to have transitions like dissolves playing at the same time that the slide is panning?

Dear Andrew, I too would like very much such effects... :)

...but I fear it's a very difficult work to do. I think it should be more realistic to start with something a little less hard, like "normal" pan (we have'nt not yet it, only a panning transition) and zoom.