WnSoft Forums

Create doesn't create

tlcfotog

After setting the options, adding the slides and doing a test run, I press "Create". The screen dims for an instant and then resumes, but there is no indication that anything is being done or is in process. I have even done a search for the file, but it isn't on the system. I haven't had this problem before, creating EXE files, and have created several. But suddenly nothing. Any suggestions?

tlc

do a save as to give your show a name and a directory where it is saved-- this will save all your settings

then do a create as -- and this creates an exe into said directory

see

PTE 101 Tutorial

File Size: 11.8M

By: alrobin@alrobinso...

Download Count: 1878

Revised 05/21/2004

at

http://beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?catego...yid=4&view=View

ken

That would have been the problem. But something else occurred that may be an issue.

I tried creating the EXE and was thwarted. When I went to Save As, the same thing occurred (as in, a brief dimming of the title bar, then nothing). I tried every save mechanism possible to no avail. I finally ended up closing the program. It asked me if I wanted to save, to which I replied yes. It returned me to the program. After several tries at this, I finally said No. And sure enough, it didn't save the slideshow or the parameters. I had to redo it.

Perhaps a little code change which checks to see that the project is saved first, asks where you want to save it, and if you confirm the save, then does the create action as requested.

BTW, after I'd closed the program and reopened it, I did a save before I rebuilt the project. Then I saved again and ran the Create and all is well. :rolleyes: