WnSoft Forums

Registration

KellyM

I upgraded my version of PicturesToExe to the new 4.30v. Program tells me that the trial period had expired. Key is saved to a file. Under help, Help, FAQ and Whats New have - page not displayed. I can not find a load key. Is there suppose to be one somewhere. I did not have any trouble the last time I upgraded in March. I don't know what to do.

Guest Techman1

KellyM,

Welcome to the forum. What version did you upgrade from? The registration key shouldn't have to be reloaded if you were already running a version of PTE. You say that your KEY is saved to a file. Have you tried loading it and if so, what did it say when loading?

Please advise on the above and I'm sure someone can help you get going again.

Fred

Hi, Kelly,

Welcome to the PTE Forum.

You don't have to load the key when you upgrade. Just save the new version to the same folder as the previous one, using the 7 files contained in the zipped file to replace the previous ones, and the new version will use the same key information as before. If you want to retain the old version as well, just copy the old folder and its contents, including the "key" file, "PTE.KEY", and install the new version in the new folder, again replacing the same 7 files.