WnSoft Forums

Creating DVD for TV viewing

jcjoy17

Has anyone successfully created a DVD (For television viewing) using WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum?

I have been able to create DVD's that will play on my PC with no problems, but they will not play in my DVD player.

I need to know if I am wasting my time with this program or if I should keep trying.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jen

Jen

welcome to the forum.

Yes i just made a dvd to verify my system using WinDvd platinum 6 -- the create dvd portion is ver 2.0 i believe and it is playing in a dvd player at present-- not the computer player .

have you tried playing it in another dvd player?

just double checked the create dvd portion is ver 2.0

ken

Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I have not tried the DVD on a different player. I only have one. I suppose I could ask a friend to try the DVD.

Do the AVI files from p2e need to be converted to another file type or anything like that before making the DVD?

I am either missing a step or else I have a fussy DVD player. I will keep at it and hopefully it won't take me too long to figure it out.

Thanks,

Jen

Jen

as the p2e instructions state for making a dvd,

How to prepare and burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc, Quick tutorial

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

you must leave p2e running until the dvd is created -- and you can have numerous instances of p2e running at once -- then you import the avi's into your dvd authoring program -- the dvd authoring program does the rest

ken