WnSoft Forums

Project hangs up

mamad

We have created a 350-slide project for a wedding Friday night that is hanging up, on a different slide every time. It doesn't happen if we fast forward through part of the project. The same problem has occurred on two different Dell systems (new and plenty of RAM and processing power). The slides are about 200 dpi, the soundtrack is an mp3; total file size is 53 mgs. Any suggestions? This is a very sentimental project for a beautiful wedding. We can click on the forward arrow and get past the glitch, but unless the timing is perfect the music skips.

This can happen due to having too short an interval between transitions. If you look at the the time (Project Options - Main - Customize Synchronisation - Timed Points - Add Arranged Points), you can see if there is any overlap of the transitions. If so, increase the spacing.

Another possibility: when you try to run a show from a cd, sometimes the cd reads too slowly (particularly with older machines and laptops). The best bet here is to copy the show from cd onto the machine's hard drive and run it from there.

I know that the slides aren't overlapping, but there are some places where the slides are about 3 seconds apart. Could it be that the random transitions are too lengthy for the quick changes? The question that remains in my mind is why it isn't the same song every time.

Also, the computers are new, but the CDs were cheap. Would it be worthwhile to buy a better quality CD for burning?

I don't think it's likely to be the actual cd that is causing the problem but the speed at twhich the computer is able to read the data and interpret it.

Have you tried actually copying the show from the cd onto the computer then running it form there?

Hi, mamad,

If you want you can send me the .pte file (without music or images) and I can run it through my Adjustor model to check for any timing discrepancies. If the show is not synchronized, then it is unlikely that there would be any, but it might be worth a look. My email address is alrobin@alrobinson.com.