WnSoft Forums

PTE with a Mac ant Virtual PC 7

Papybateau

I have been this morning to a demo of Virtual PC 7 on a Power Mac G5. VPC was settled to emulate XP Pro.

First we have tried to run a PTE.exe file of about 20 picture which has been built with PTE 4.01. No sucess, the program stops after the first picture, but the music continue to run. 1,5 giga of memory was allowed for VPC. The microsoft representative has made several trials witout any success. Thereafter we have tried to install PTE 4.30 without success.

As a matter of fact we had the same results that I have with VPC 5 on my G4 dual processors of 1 giga.

I must point out that everything goes well with the nomade PC of my wife which runs with XP Home.

Papybateau. :(

Currently waiting patiently for Virtual PC 7 to be delivered from Amazon so I can test it on my G4. (delivery estimate 27th Oct - 5 Nov)

I was unable to obtain it from PC World.

Hoped it would be great news when it arrived - now am a bit woried! :o

I suppose probably it doesn't exactly emulate x86 platform. At least x86 version of VirtualPC which works on Windows XP can emulate PC where PTE runs without any problem.

p.s. By the way, I've seen and worked on PC with first emulator (PearPC) which emulates PowerPC platform and where was installed MacOS X 10.3 Of course, it works very slowely but it works :)