WnSoft Forums

Need help with slideshow

Missy

I have been working on a slideshow of pictures taken of the local football team that is to be shown tomorrow at a pep rally before the playoff game.

My problem: I created the slideshow in Pic2Exe and when playing on my computer, it plays great. However, when I burn to a CD and play from the computer at the school (which is a NEW computer and should be faster than mine at home, or certainly as fast as), the song plays correctly, but certain pictures seem to "stick" resulting in the music ending before all pictures have been displayed. This causes the 2nd song to start before pictures that are supposed to coincide with the first song are finished displaying. The result is about five pictures still remaining when the 2nd song ends.

Is there something I am doing wrong when I create or burn the CD? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide. The pep fest is tomorrow and I am stressing!!

Thanks again!!

Missy

Hi, Missy,

Welcome to the forum.

Try copying the show's ".exe" file to the hard drive of the computer at school (hope it's not a "mac"), and it should play correctly.

If not, you may have to go back into the show's project ".pte" file and adjust some of the transitions so they are not so close together.

The other factor which affects how shows play on other computers is whether they are "synchronized" to the music, or just rely on the timing information you add in Project Options or Customize Slide menus. Different pc's operate at different speeds, so this can have some bearing on whether the images stay in sync or not. The only way to ensure accurate synchronization is to set up the show using the synchronization capability on the timeline.

Hope this helps. :)

Ciao,

Al