WnSoft Forums

Adding sound to my presentation.

Vic Ashlee

Am just starting compiling presentations so am still green about this. I have mp3 and have saved a couple of tracks to 'my music' folder.

In pic2exe I click the music tab, click the add tab and my documents comes up. I toggle to my music, select the file I want and click open. When I go back to the music page there is nothing there. Where am I going wrong?

When the file is open on the my music screen the only two buttons are open and cancel.

:blink: I'm not sure from your description but here's a "talk-through" of how it's done:

1. In PTE, click on "Project Options", then the Music tab.

2. Press the "Add" button and browse to find your music mp3 file.

3. Once you find the music you want, double-click on its filename.

4. This takes you straight back to PTE where the filename should show in the large white window.

5. You'll now notice that "Play background music" is ticked. You have other options available at the bottom of the window - "Show music duration" is reassuring!

6. Having added a single mp3 file, go back to "Project Options" "Main" and select "Customise slideshow to music duration".

7. Check it all works OK by clicking on the "Preview" button.

In general, you should only use one main music track. Combining music needs a sound editing program such as the free "Audacity". But you can add small sound files to individual tracks in the main preview window - there's a window to add a sound file at the bottom of this window.

I hope you can follow this.