WnSoft Forums

Creating a CD for the TV

Ella

Hi I am new to leaving a message. I believe I can create a CD of Exe to play in my DVD Player on the TV using Roxio. I don't have u-Lead. I can't create a DVD only a CD.

Is this possible and how?

I can create and prepare one in Roxio but I wan to use PicturestoExe and then burn it in Roxio.

I am an 'old wrinklie grey surfer' and struggling with alll this.

Thank you.

Jackie

Thank you Michel and Ken for your prompt replies. I had already read all the information and tutorial. Also I bought David Beckham's Tips and Tricks video which includes details of using U-Lead. I don't have this programme.

I read someone's letter on this site and they said they had been able to do it with Roxio which I have.

Does anyone know how to do it using Roxio?

Thanks again for your kind help.

Silver Surfer, Jackie

Using Roxio Easy CD Creator to burn an SVCD

In PTE click the VIDEO button bottom left of middle to open “Making of AVI video file”. Select SVCD, PAL/SECAM (for Europe) and Interlaced Video (recommended). Do not select Sharpness Filter. Click the Create AVI button to open ‘Save As’ box. Save the file remembering where you saved it.

On completion of the save, a box will instruct you to go to your software for creating the SVCD. Do not repeat not click the Finish button.

Open Easy CD Creator and select DVD Builder>DVD Builder Wizard. Select Create a DVD Builder and click on Next to open ‘DVD Builder Wizard’. Select SVCD and Import Files then Finish.

This opens up the DVD Builder and the selected Import Files appears in the bottom left window. Drag this file into the top right hand box of the DVD Builder. Drag the Roxio Intro into the Waste basket bottom right. Double right click on left hand side of the top right hand box for a preview in the Screening Room left.

If satisfied click on the BURN button bottom right.

On completion of the burn and all is satisfactory you can now return to PTE and click that Finish button.

But I cannot guarantee that it will playback on every DVD player.

Ron [uK]

In addition to the above:

It is possible to have two (or more) PTE projects open at the same time and therefore add two (or more) AVI files to the Roxio DVD Builder. It helps if the AVI's are saved to the same folder.

I would strongly recommend that when you get to the burning stage you tick the option to save as an IMAGE FILE.

When you want to commit this to the DVD all you have to do is double click on the Image File and DVD Copy will open up. I have had far greater success with this than any other method.

DaveG

:rolleyes: Hi Ronwil and DaveG

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply to my request. Unfortunately we have illness in the family and I haven't had time to do any more with Roxio.

As soon as I have tried it I will post another reply.

Thanks again.

Jackie - Silver Surfer