WnSoft Forums

New Adjustor Model

alrobin

I have posted a new version of the PTE-Adjustor Model HERE on my web site.

It permits the specifying of times from the start of the show for certain slides and then spreads all other slides evenly in between.

Other new features are:

- ability to toggle directory pathnames on and off for images, music files, and external application files.

- display of other parameters such as those images using objects, images which are not shown, sound files, list of music files, comments, smoothing, and external applications.

- provision of a compact worksheet for printing.

- ability to delete specific slides.

If you try it out, please let me know of any glitches.

Unfortunately for some, it works best with Excel 2000 or better. Excel 97 users who do not wish to upgrade their Office 97 can use it manually as per post below.

Dave,

There are basic instructions on the "Help" tab (#2) at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

By the way, I've just uploaded a revision to the model, to include on the printout sheet any external applications to be run at the end of the show, and also a column indicating the time at which the transition for each image occurs. :)

Please check in from time to time, as over the next few days I may upload new versions under the same version number as I work out some of the minor bugs. I will post a note here on the Forum for anything major.

For Excel 97 users, there are several ways in which you can use the new version of PTE-Adjustor with Excel 97.

Brian (Conflow) tells me he has successfully tested the new Adjustor in a version of Office 97 which has been upgraded to the basic Office 2000 features (see Microsoft web site). It isn't a full upgrade, but apparently contains the necessary features to be able to run the new Adjustor.

Or, if you don't want to upgrade to Office (or Excel) 2000), you can manually open a .pte file in Excel 97, once you have Adjustor open. You will be faced with the "Text Import Wizard" instead of the automatic loading form presented when opening Adjustor in Excel 2000. Simply click on "Finish" and the file should open as a second open single-column worksheet. Next you must save this worksheet as "ptesource.xls" in order to continue working with the model. This is a temporary file so don't worry about saving over a previously saved "ptesource" file.

When you are finished working with Adjustor, you must save "ptesource.xls" as a ".prn" file. You can give it whatever name you want, such as "MyPTEFile.prn".

Then simply go into Explorer (or My Computer) and change the name from "MyPTEFile.prn" to "MyPTEFile.pte".

Hope this helps all the people out there who do not wish to upgrade to MS Office 2000, but would still like to use PTE-Adjustor. :)