WnSoft Forums

All of a sudden, can't burn with Ulead

goddi

Greetings... I have burned several DVDs with not too many problems. Now when I try to re-create an updated video I have previously made using Ulead MovieFactory 2, I can not.

I go through the process and when I get to the point of calling up my Ulead MovieFactory2 and click on Add Video to find the PTE file, it does not read that PTE video temporary file. If I change it to All Files, and click on the .ptev file, I get "File Format Mismatch." I am pretty sure that is the process I successfully followed before. But now it does not work. I just upgraded to the PTE 4.32beta version. I don't think that is the problem but I don't know. Maybe my brain is getting worn out but I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong.

Any help??? Thanks... Gary

EDIT: P.S. I JUST TRIED CREATING A VIDEO AFTER UNCHECKING THE "INTERLACED VIDEO" CHOICE. NOW IN ULEAD, IT SHOWS THE FILE AS AN .AVI FILE. SO MAYBE IT IS A BUG IN 4.32???

goddi

i think if you use thesearch function of the forum the problem with interlace and ulead has been discussed

ken

Ken... I really did do a search through the Forum and did find out that others have had this same problem. But no real solution except that the newer version should fix it. I have the latest 4.32beta. The only 'solution' that I found was from Igor, but he mentioned that it might help but it was not "the" solution because the quality would not be as good. So I am still confused what to do. It work find before. Now the program is giving me fits when I try to create the DVD. If anyone can tell me if there is a solution, I'd appreciate any help. I really tried to find a solution by searching through the Forum so much that my eyes are spinning. I will continue to search, but if anyone can tell me why this is happening, it would really help.

If it worked before, why isn't it working now???

Thanks... Gary

Guest Techman1

Gary,

After you have PTE create the video file, you are leaving PTE active and not clicking on the Finish button - correct!? That way Ulead should recognize the file correctly.

If that's not it, what Windows Operating System are you running under?

Let me know.

Fred

After you have PTE create the video file, you are leaving PTE active and not clicking on the Finish button - correct!? That way Ulead should recognize the file correctly.

If that's not it, what Windows Operating System are you running under?

Let me know.

Fred

Fred, Yes, I am following all the instructions including not clicking on the Finish button. I am using WinXP. I have made DVDs through this process using my Ulead MovieFactory2 before. It is just that all of a sudden, Ulead does not recognize the .ptev temporary file and I get "unable to open file. File format mismatch..."

But I just came across a solution that I will add as a new topic. Gary