WnSoft Forums

Creating custom AVI

boxig

Hi,

I need some help here:

"GSpot" tells me I have 39 video codecs installed.

When I click on "Video Codec" button on "Making video" window I can see a list of only 12 codecs. When trying using them, most don't create the avi and I get error: "catCantSetVideoFormat". I have WMP v.10 (probably with all new codecs).

How can I display all codecs and can I use any of them ?

What's the meaning of the error message ?

Does any one know a free reliable wmv2mpeg and avi2mpeg converter ?

Thanks

Granot

• 4 weeks later...
PicturesToExe supports only AVI video codecs. It doesn't support DirectShow codecs.

But all AVI codecs are supported. MPEG-4, MJPEG, DivX, XVID, etc.

OK, I'm in the same boat as Granot and I don't see the answer here. Igor says mpeg4 is supported, but I don't see it and can't output anything except PtoE codex. On the 12 others listed I get the same error as Granot on some or the rest start but after 5mins or so there still hanging at about 1% rendered so I give up and cancel out (PtoE is done in a minute).

I'm trying to build a Quick Time movie so mac users can view it and Quick Time gives me a input/output error trying to input the PtoE codex. So I open my Sony program and import the PtoE codex avi and render it as an mpeg2 then I can import it to Quick Time.

What part of the picture am I missing here?

desert dave

B)