WnSoft Forums

Help please for novice

brown

Thank´s for the reply Roger.

I received the e-mail from Wnsoft with a zipfile that when opened is supposed to register me automatically.

The e-mail prog. seems to let it thru, however "windows security" says that it is potentially dangerous and won´t let me open it.

I have a copy in "my documents"

Thank´s for the suggestions.

I thought the same, disable windows security, open it then switch security back on. However I go to Windows XP security centre and I can´t see where I can disactivate. There is "internet options", I´ve tried disactivating a few things but with no success.

I´ve also sent an e-mail to Wnsoft tech. dept but my system is playing up a little and doesn´t let me enter windows tech. support.

Anymore suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Internet Security Options

This may help a few Members:- Get on the Net,then on the top Toolbar find..."Tools" click this

and a new Window will open. On the top of this Window you will see 2 Tags,viz:- 'Security' and 'Privacy'. Select 'Security' if its set for 'Custom Mode' change this to 'Medium Mode' and 'Apply and O.K'. On the 'Privacy Tag' select and set to 'Medium Mode'-->Apply-->O.K

This will allow greater functionality with 'Internet Explorer' and 'EMails with Attachments' - this without compromising any 'Firewall' you may have installed.

For more "workable security" I always recommend 'XoftSpy' by www.paretologic.com. This Program is undoubtally the best Anti-Spyware and Anti-Highjacker program available, you can also avail of their 'Free Scan' - the program costs about $25, its well worth it and being a proper program its updated on a weekly basis and includes an 'Uninstaller' which most of the "Freebie's" fail to provide. This "omission" really gives serious trouble when least expected -

Hope this helps,

Brian.Conflow.