WnSoft Forums

Burning DVD

Candi

Maybe this is not a P2E issue, but I was hoping somebody might be able to help me. I've created my slideshow using P2E. I clicked the video button to save as AVI. I then went to Movie Factory 3 and went through all the steps to burn a DVD. When I click the Burn button, it says there is no room on the disc or there is no disc in the drive. This is a brand new computer with a DVD burner. I've never burned DVDs before so it may just be that I don't know what I'm doing. I bought DVD+R discs. I've tried putting several different ones in the burner and they all give me the same message. I've tried using a regular CD-R and it says there the disc space is not large enough. I know the regular CD-Rs are not big enough for the slide show I'm trying to burn, but the DVD+Rs should be. Any suggestions???? I've been working with this all day and I'm ready to pull my hair out!!

Thanks,

Candi

I had the same problem with DVD Movie factory but I found the solution. On the last screen where you see the Burn button, to the left of it is a button Options. Click that button and then wait for the new dialogue box to come up - it can take upto a minute!! There you select the DVD drive from the drop down box. It works.

• 3 weeks later...

Candi

you cannot make a dvd using a cd-r

you can make a vcd or a svcd on a cd-r depending on the original file size

your burner may not "like" dvd+r discs - mine drive seems to prefer dvd-r disks -- out of 100 dvd+r discs it balked on some disks -- put in a dvd-r for first copy and it worked - for second copy i put in the dvd+r it had rejected and now it accepeted it

buy dvd-r and try

have you read Igor's "how to make an avi"

and imported the avi into movie factory

there have been some problems with movie factory - use the search feature of the forum

Igor thought he had the problem's solved

we also need to know what version of p2e you are using

operating sustem description is also helpful

ken