WnSoft Forums

Other slide show users opening a PtE file

imfinewine

Thought you all would like to see what happens when people that use another brand of slideshow software that just makes avi's or mpeg's react when they encounter a P2E exe show. I think it scared them so much they forgot to comment on the shows!

:lol:

desert dave

(Below are comments back to me from another forum I posted a link to come visit our gallery of shows)

Since you're here...

How about a 'note' telling folks what kind of file they're downloading. Once I got into the zip files, I found an .exe sitting there!!!

Since my Mama always told me not to trust any exe file I don't know about, it had me

Figured it might be a self-extracting file of some kind, but...

Finally was a brave sole and disregarded my Mom's best advice and opened the exe file...

Anyway, a few 'words' describing the zip file contents (stand-alone video player... or whatever) would help (I think)

Mark

--------------------

Intel D875PBZ; P4 3.20; 1024MB Kingston KVR400X64C3A; MSI G4Ti4600-TD8X; DVRaptorRT2; 40GB EIDE WDCaviar; 2x160GB SATA WDCaviar RAID 0; WinXP Pro(SP2); DirectX 9c; WinXP Video Driver; Edius 3.0; Imaginate 2.01; PhotoshopCS; Diamond Cut DC Five

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post

DonG

Addict

Reged: 08/15/03

Loc: High Plains of Colorado

Re: Preview for imaginate users [Re: Mark71] Top

#240411 - 01/20/05 10:00 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Quote:

Once I got into the zip files, I found an .exe sitting there!!!

Since my Mama always told me not to trust any exe file I don't know about, it had me

Figured it might be a self-extracting file of some kind, but...

Finally was a brave sole and disregarded my Mom's best advice and opened the exe file...

Mark

Same thing happened to me. It's like my heart stops every time I see ANYTHING on the web with a .exe file extension INSIDE of a Zip file.

But, I scanned it with Norton AntiVirus and it said it was clean, so I crossed my fingers, dotted my i's and ran it. Then the whole screen gets taken over and I about had a second heart attack. Luckily, it was just a full-screen slideshow <whew>.

This kind of thing CAN scare a lot of knowledgable (computer-wise) folks off, unless they are told up-front what to expect inside the Zip files. So, I agree with Mark.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post

Well desert dave, there is even more amusement than we expected. I'm sure we can understand, but it is still amusing. I will get on over to the site and see what kind of constructive discussion we can muster.

By the way, you are certainly prompt is making all the shows available. Good work. I was also toying with the idea of putting all the shows on a DVD and watching on TV, but unless someone here has an "easy" way to do it,

I'll let it rest.

By the way, you are certainly prompt is making all the shows available.  Good work.  I was also toying with the idea of putting all the shows on a DVD and watching on TV, but unless someone here has an "easy" way to do it,  

I'll let it rest.

I'm half way there on it. I have the .pt files from everyone and all I need to do is get 2 photodex shows and one MMB & Xat show in raw form or an mpeg and I can combine all the shows for eveyone to burn to DVD.

How about those apples!

:lol:

desert dave